Welcome to the brand new 205GTIDrivers.com website! We hope you'll enjoy it! Read the full notice here.

• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf
15 hours ago, Miles said:

Angle grinder works best on those, New arm but they need it really as new bearings won;t remove all of the play

Miles angle grind the arm? I can get a new arm and folk set - does fitting a new set make much difference?

Telf

So I set to work with a hammer, drift and junior hacksaw. Hammer the pin in stages from the front accessible side to the rear. Cut the protrusion and continued tapping. 2 cuts in total and pin out. Took about an hour.

Telf

easy to remove this pin!

2.jpg

Telf

Got a bit done in last few weeks, fitted a new end cover on the gearbox and fitted the gearbox

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

Telf

also stripped the oil filler and discovered this horrible mess!

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

Telf

not sure if to replace all the engine sensors for new or reuse the old ones, same with the oil and water pipes, reusing will save quite a few quid..

Thijs_Rallye
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Telf said:

also stripped the oil filler and discovered this horrible mess!

You sure did dodge a bullet there! I believe it wasn't the first and probably not the last engine ruined by the metal gauge in the breather and filler pot.

1 minute ago, Telf said:

not sure if to replace all the engine sensors for new or reuse the old ones, same with the oil and water pipes, reusing will save quite a few quid..

I'd say replace the temperature sensor for the ECU with a genuine Bosch one. Keep the rest as is if you need to save some money.

Edited by Thijs_Rallye

jackherer

If the dash senders are showing the right values and the terminals are in good physical condition I'd stick with them. Remind me next time you are here because I think I have some VGC ones left over from my car after the custom dash went in.

• Like 1

Telf

Nice sunny day, instead of watching the marriage of some American trailer trash to a jumped up pipsqueak I painted the clutch arm and the oil cooler.

Pretty much coming to the end now- finally!

(apart from seeing if it actually runs!)

fd1.jpg