• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James Cornell

Oil Filter Housing

James Cornell

I know this is going to sound silly but I am in the final stages of putting my car back on the road and I have fitted the oil cooler and now I have come to bolt the oil filter housing and I just can't sus it out.

I have the cast bit that bolts on to the engine block (with the two oil pipes coming out of it) and I have a special but which bolts onto the thread in the engine and the cast part slides I over the top of it nicely but how does the housing bolt in??? Is there another threaded part that goes into it to hold the housing in place???

I have been really careful to make sure I saved all of the bolts and kept everything together but I am wondering if I have lost this part?

I'm panicking a little as I need the car back on the road for Monday and I can't finish until I sort this out.

I can take pictures if it helps, thank you thank you in advance

Edited by James Cornell

welshpug

you need the extension bolt, if you cant find that just screw the filter directly to the block till you find it.

Alan77

As Mei says, just go filter to block.

A normal road 205 runs just fine all day without an oil cooler. I ditched mine years ago after the pipes perished.

James Cornell

Given I really want to keep the car stock as a rock I really want to put everything back as it was, it sounds like I need to find the extension bolt...time to tidy the garage ????

farmer

They are NFP from Peugeot so have a good look.

James Cornell

Sorry to sound a bit dense but NFP?

farmer

No longer supplied as a part.

James Cornell

Ahhhh as with so many very small (but expensive) parts for classic pugs ????

Ryan

The parts you need are parts #5 and #6. #6 is a small threaded insert which should be still available as it's used on a lot of newer models. #5 is the extension bolt that is marked NFP.

post-5273-0-17102200-1420108414_thumb.png

Although I'm not sure that diagram is completely right. I always thought #6 screwed into the block, then the cast cooler take-off was held in place by #5. And the filter screwed onto the end of that?

welshpug

no, looks nothing like the picture ryan put up, which I believe he is correct that it appears arranged the wrong way round.

Miles

No it's not, the link is just a std aftermarket connector, Stick a wanted add up as I know for one have got loads kicking around

Ryan

Do you have a photo of the parts you already have? Unless I'm mis-reading it sounds to me like you have the cast part and the extension bolt, and just need the small threaded piece.

James Cornell

Correct Ryan, I will clear the garage floor tonight and search behind the tool cabs and see if it has rolled behind them because I am also missing a hockey stick for the driveshaft intermediate bearing.

If I have no joy then I will post a picture of what I have got and post it

Edited by James Cornell

James Cornell

Ok it looks like I just need #6 which is a relief if they still make them ????

Thanks everyone

Ryan

They're about £6-7 from Peugeot, which is a bit steep for what it is, but there shouldn't be any trouble getting one as it's still used on current models. The part number is 1103 54.

welshpug

Check its not still in the block or the extension piece

James Cornell

I have checked the block and the extension piece is just #5 on the diagram. I've ordered one from peugeot and it should be there tomorrow morning £6.40 + VAT

Getting very excited now, just hope to God I have done a good job on the rebuild...