• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

lahondal

Megasquirt On Xu10J4Rs

lahondal

The overrun cut is activated so i think is working properly, anyway there is not any hardware involved in this function so should work fine.

Seeing the graphs on a steady overrun the afr is around 13/14 no matter how long is the overrun. I thought this was strange as the afr should go high if the fuel is cut completely, isnt it?

Ah, and the misfire problem has a little variation, this time appeared during a hard pull before several accelerations, not on overrun. the dwell is set at 3.5ms, can be a hot coil the cause of misfiring?

Edited by lahondal

wicked

It should go max since fuel cut should be completely; did you calibrate your wbo2 sensor properly?

Dwell time is coil dependant... Hard to say something about it, since I don't know your setup.

lahondal

I calibrated the wideband on the stock lc2 settings, but in manual mode.

I selected the custom values in the afr calibration and used the stock values that give the innovate LC2 i have.

Anyway im going to install the original innovate gauge tomorrow, and try to see if the gauge reading is the same as the Tunerstudio readings.

petert

Should the car run best with 27 degrees of advance and 12.8/13 afr or there is anything more that can affect power?

The AFR at full load should certainly be in the range 12.7-13:1. There is no way of knowing what the optimum advance is without putting it on a dyno. As engine efficiency increases, the amount of ignition advance that it needs decreases. I posted a table for an Mi16 on here some time back. I'd use that as a starting point then spend the money on the dyno, after you've roughed in the AFR's. The AFR's will change after altering the ignition advance and will need finalising again. It takes a lot more time to map the ignition properly and most tuners just dial in what they think it should have. If you want the car to drive nicely and be at it's optimum, you have to pay the money.

wicked

Second that...

Mine is mapped on a dynapack dyno that can brake the engine and keep it on for instance at 3000 rpm.

By doing that, you can optimize the ignition for power (and safety with det cans on). No way that you can do with driving around!

It takes a couple of hours to map it properly, so you have to pay, but the result is rewarding...

lahondal

The afrs showed by the innovate gauge are the same as the tunerstudio gauge, so i assume is correctly calibrated.

The idea is make a street map as good as possible and later take it to a dyno to get all the power of it, but here there isnt any dyno tuners that work with megasquirt so theonly option is doing ourselves with the dyno....not the best but....

Forgot to post the specs of the engine:

-xu10j4rs.

-bodies.

-kdfi (ms2 based) engine management.

-pts group n inlet cam.

-vernier pulleys.

I should recheck, but i notices today that the ignition advance goes to retard when i apply load, althought the ignition table is in 15 degrees for example, the ignition gauge shows 4 or 5 degrees of advance.

Have to check it this night.

lahondal

For some strange reason the ignition was retarding with load, but now solved and its advancing as it should be before rewriting the ignition table.

The fuel cut is not working, i dont know why...

Need to try it with sock filters out, seems not to make power on upper range and have readed that this type of filter can cause a big loss on power, particularly on high rpm.

Will keep you updated.

lahondal

Socks definitely cause a power loss, tried without them and make a big difference in the upper range, maybe 10hp on the assdyno.

lahondal

The overrun fuel cut is now working. I had the baro sensor in free air because i´m using alpha-n algorithm, its reading atmospheric pressure all the time, and the "below kpa" value was 30, so i set it to 200kpa and began to work no problems.

AFRs are stable 12.8-13 at WOT, and maximum advance set to 24 degrees above 3500rpm and WOT. I tried various settings like 26 and 28 but there isnt difference on power and at the moment, without dyno, its fine as it is.

Anyone knows what procedure is best for mapping on dyno? Here no one use magsquirt so have to make adjustments ourselves....

unariciflocos

Unless you're the son of tarmac king Carlos Sainz, you shouldn't be driving like that on a damp road with trafic.

Either way, seems nice. Get an android Dyno app and run a measurement. Post up the configs and maps so that others can have a starging point.

opticaltrigger

Hi Iahondal,

I'm in the process of doing a MS map for our turbo 8 valve.I'ts Ford EDIS on the ignition and turbo so a bit different but I have it running quite reasonably now.

If you want I am more than happy to send you a copy of it to look at and see if any of it helps in any way with your project.

Unfortunatley you cant post MS maps on this forum but if you send me an email I can send it that way.

I would really like to see the circuit diagram and details of your knock sensor amplifier to, that sounds very interesting.

Just let me know if you want the map.

All the very best

O.T.

lahondal

Well, i dont have a turbo 8v but i have a engine like that sitting on garage that maybe power a 205 soon, so the map will be very helpful in future.

I like to share the gti6 maps here, anyone know a good and "reliable in time" way to post the .msq file here?

opticaltrigger

I think that sharing maps is a great idea to and would love to see a section for it on the forum.

Some people are really protective of there maps which is to be respected but personaly I dont have any issues with it.I feel that all knowlage within engineering is best when it's shared.

I would really like to see your amplifier to.I love stuff like that.Is it your own desighn?

All the best

O.T.

unariciflocos

I take screenshots of my configs, upload them to my google drive and post the link to the image here.

I will most definitely share my maps when I finally get it fine tuned, whever that will happen, being stuck in South Africa for the forseable future.

lahondal

The car finally made 174hp at the flywheel, i think is a low value but the engine is unopened and picked from a backyard...even the spark plugs are unchanged.

The mapper only was able to pick 12hp from my homemade map, and the best part of that hp was from a ignition fine tuning, what i cant do without a rolling road....

Im happy to share the map with forum users, just pm me. I like to obtain other maps too.

• Like 1

opticaltrigger

Excellent work Iahondal,

Really,really great mate.

All the best O.T.

petert

Excellent work. Most people don't worry about ignition mapping and just accept "factory" values.

Richie-Van-GTi

I will be very interested in seeing your map as I am building a gti6 on megasquirt. Are you using sequential spark and squirt?

lahondal

Yes im using fully sequential ignition and squirt.

Chipboy

In here as well, about to install the same engine

B1ack_Mi16

Could you take a screenshot from tunerstudio on your final trigger setup paremeters?

I'm soon to start fiddling with this and a starting point would be very helpful ;)

Chipboy

Any chance of getting this as you suggested?

B1ack_Mi16

Can just confirm I used 115 deg trigger angle in the trigger setup on my MS3 Pro ECU, and it was spot on at TDC at first try ;)

Engine started for the first time this evening.