• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205freak

Emerald K3 Xu5Ja

205freak

Hi guys i bought a emerald k3 with a professional loom ir order to dicth the afm,sad and ecu. The ecu already comes with a map for xu9ja engine, xu10 head and gr.A cam.

I already have a coil pack, leads, crank sensor/flywheel, injectors, lambda now my big question is which one do i need the air temperature or maf sensor, i´ve been told to use the one from 306gti throttle body?!

The tacho will i need to change or convert anything, when i bought the guy said it work with the tacho perfectly but he did not tell me if it was changed or not??

Thanks

Tom Fenton

You will need a throttle position sensor and an air temp sensor (assuming no turbo).

Rev counter, you can buy a £40 box of tricks from Emerald to make it work.

205freak

Hi Tom Fenton yes no turbo, to make the rev counter work Thats the online way to but the trickbox? Do you Think i my be able to start the car with the map that is already on the ecu?

Thanks

allanallen

There's various other cheaper but more involved ways to get the tacho working, have a search ;)

The Map you have should get the car up and running once calibrate the throttle pot etc

Edited by allanallen

205freak

There's various other cheaper but more involved ways to get the tacho working, have a search ;)

The Map you have should get the car up and running once calibrate the throttle pot etc

Allanallen already had a look on how make the tacho work and also i havent decided if going itb´s or not.

I do have another question but this time with a pic to have accurate answer, i believe the relays are for the fuel pump, at least one of them??

post-7344-0-21925500-1402452770_thumb.jpg

post-7344-0-23495100-1402452444_thumb.jpg

allanallen

I'd imagine one is the fuel pump and the other is the power feed for the injectors and coil

205freak

Allanallen thanks for the reply. Its not on the car yet cause i just bought a set ot itbs and trying to do everything at once. I know the ecu is mapped for a single tb, how will it work with the itbs, possible to start engine even if rough manner.

Whats the best trumpet size 65 or 90mm??

Does anyone have a baseplate+filter for sale or where the best place to buy one at a good price?!

Edited by 205freak