• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cal_Jones

Mi16 Engine Squeak.

Cal_Jones

I have an mi16 engine in my 205GTi and for some reason at a certain throttle position it makes a squeaky almost whistley sound... when i bought it i knew the cam tensioner bearings needed changing which i did as they squealed at a certain RPM,

So i changed those which did the trick however there is still a noise coming form the engine bay when my foot is so far on the throttle, its not at a certain RPM and the noise does not change pitch at different speeds.

Its really bugging me lol and i hope iv explained it well enough so i don't confuse anyone...

Any ideas would be much appreciated to save my sanity :).

Cal

Anthony

Judging from the pictures on the other thread, I wonder if this is the bike throttle bodies causing this.

Kyepan on here has a similar setup using the later Satchel ITB setup (I think this is what you've got - looks very similar) and his used to make a sort of squealing / whistling sound at certain light-medium throttle openings. I'm sure that he or someone like Sandy can explain the exact reason, but I believe it's something to do with a idle bypass or something on the bodies that needs to be adjusted to stop the noise from occuring - he had his done when the car was remapped following some new cams and it's sooo much better now with just bwaarrpp and no squeal.

The sound is quite distinctive and unlike a noisy tensioner or whatever.

Cal_Jones

Judging from the pictures on the other thread, I wonder if this is the bike throttle bodies causing this.

Kyepan on here has a similar setup using the later Satchel ITB setup (I think this is what you've got - looks very similar) and his used to make a sort of squealing / whistling sound at certain light-medium throttle openings. I'm sure that he or someone like Sandy can explain the exact reason, but I believe it's something to do with a idle bypass or something on the bodies that needs to be adjusted to stop the noise from occuring - he had his done when the car was remapped following some new cams and it's sooo much better now with just bwaarrpp and no squeal.

The sound is quite distinctive and unlike a noisy tensioner or whatever.

Ahh i see okay then that makes sense, Il get that checked out :)

Thanks!