• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ATK

Anyone Got A Pic Of Original 205 Gti Mats?

ATK

Looking for a pic of what the original, fresh out of the factory mats looked like - fabric ones rather than rubber.

Done a search but no definitive answers!

Cheers

Anthony

IMG_3950.sized.jpg

Were these them or were they a period aftermarket accessory? Certainly they're from a good few years back and they're a perfect fit unless most aftermarket mats.

Slo

Always thought the saddle mat was a factory mat or was that just an option?

ATK

They gotta be the right ones I was thinking of Anthony.

Any idea where to get a set (replica)?

m@ttc

100% they are the dealer mats

here's mine

P1020602_zpsba1b7bf0.jpg

acox99

Are they black with a black stitched GTI emblem?

m@ttc

mine are green, the gti emblem is like a glued on felt i think.

acox99

That answers my question m@tt, is it the same colour green as the carpet or darker? And is the edging green also? Sorry for the questions I just want to find/have made a set as close to original as I can.

Edp

mine are green, the gti emblem is like a glued on felt i think.

This, some have '205 GTi' on them too.

ATK

Arent the ones with 205 on them aftermarket?

m@ttc

i got some dealer brand new 'old stock' mats from a zest model, you can tell quite easy there from the same manufacture as my green mats.

iv'e not known these to have even reproduced as aftermarket mats.

Edited by m@ttc

ATK

There are new sets of ones like the above on ebay.fr , I always thought they were aftermarket

m@ttc

There are new sets of ones like the above on ebay.fr , I always thought they were aftermarket

dito. i thought the same thing, ive been tempted to buy the off e bay france as they look rarther similar to oe ones.

Edp

I have a set from France. Black with Green GTi.

They aren't as good quality as the OE ones (to be expected I guess) they don't feel as heavy and the material isn't as good, but having said that beggars can't be choosers :)

ATK

Ooooh like those, 3 week wait though?

Yeah, not in a rush though so 3 weeks is fine. Already got a new set of these in the car at the minute but wanted ones closer to the originals

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Mats-in-Black-to-fit-Peugeot-205-205-GTI-Logos-Boot-Mat-/190628989000?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3A205&hash=item2c625f8848

Will upload photos and report on what the new ones from Ebay.fr are like - I don't think the logo is *quite* right, but close enough. We'll see.

Jimbock

Ambassador are not offering custom replica's of the original 205 mats without the 205 logo anybody else used somebody else to have some original looking ones made up or am i looking at the ebay.Fr/rebel ones? Thanks 

bacardincoke

I've a set of the Rebelcar ones on order from the start of April, there was an 8 week waiting time back then. They've still not arrived, with no firm delivery date available (as of a week or so ago)... I'll stick up a pic or two when they appear. 

Edited by bacardincoke

Jimbock
On 6/25/2020 at 2:22 PM, bacardincoke said:

I've a set of the Rebelcar ones on order from the start of April, there was an 8 week waiting time back then. They've still not arrived, with no firm delivery date available (as of a week or so ago)... I'll stick up a pic or two when they appear. 

Thanks

bacardincoke

Rebelcar were in touch today... the mats are back in stock and previous orders are currently being sent out. They attached an image to the email.

matsRC.jpeg

• Like 1