• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lightflow

Heater Matrix - Gsf

lightflow

In case you are tempted to try the current "pattern" heater Matrix from GSF - don't bother. The pipes are ok in size, shape and fit, but there is one small flaw....

The matrix is too long! When I held it up against the Valeo one which I had taken out it was almost 1cm longer!

It's also pretty flimsy and very low density in fins. Not worth the half price of the OEM version.

As I suspected - should have gone OEM as usual - Valeo now on order...

welshpug

Have you removed the plastic packing material from the end?

• Like 1

lightflow

Cheers Mei - There's plastic packing material!!?? WTF :D - it wasn't obvious if it is - a sticker on it might be good - something like "remove - packing".

School boy error maybe.. It didn't look like packing - looked like it was moulded in one piece and there was nothing to draw my attention to the fact that it was packing - just looked like a smooth moulding.

Then again I didn't look too closely. I must admit I was looking for reasons not to use it as is was just so poorly made - even for £30 it's not good.

I'll take a look again in the morning. I still reckon I'll return it and stick with the Valeo.

Alastairh

I agree, they are crap. I tried to fit one 6 months ago, spent a lot of time trying to make it fit well, but wasn't happy.

Ordered a Valeo unit and it was working lovely in no time.

welshpug

I got a nissens boxed valeo unit off ebay a few months back for less than £20, worth checking.

Yes most matricies i have seen come fitted with a clipped on plastic housing which needs to be removed before fitting.

Edited by welshpug

Slo

That almost caught me out too when i fitted mine as it looked like it had tanks on each end like a radiator.

jackherer

I got a nissens boxed valeo unit off ebay a few months back for less than £20, worth checking.

I got one the same from Motor Parts Direct recently.

lightflow

Yes Mei, Andy, Alastair, Jack - it was indeed a plastic packing shroud - made a really convincing job of being a piece of the full assembly of the matrix - as you said Andy looks like to should be there.

Mind you, when I did gently prise off the piece of plastic crap - low and behold - there was flimsy metal crap beneath! :) I am going to return it - I went to GSF as it was more expensive than the ECP version, but it really is horrible, I know it will never be seen but I only intend doing this job once - so I think I'll keep my order for the Valeo one.