• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Harni

Mapping Question

Harni

Excuse my ignorance here but i don't know too much about mapping and how the Omex 600 works exactly.

I had my car mapped 2 weeks ago and didn't do too well. Only made 189hp when i was after 230ish due to a failing fuel pump and a boost leak somewhere so the car was mapped to the power it could make and left there until i can fix the issues and get it back for tweaking.

Now, I've found the boost leak and feel like a bit of a prat (was leaking where the supercharger meets the take off plate) for it but have fixed it by making a new gasket but this made me think, now that its not leaking and thus getting more air, will it be running lean or will the ecu adjust the fuelling based on the extra air?

When being mapped, it made a maximum of 3psi due to the leak and at the moment, I'm driving it with no more than about 40% throttle so barely even pushing 1psi. Should be fine until i go back for remapping right?

Thanks!

pip470

Depends on lots of factors, My dta uses tps and rpm for the main map but has a compensation map using a map sensor so that when it sees boost it adds more fuel as a percentage and reduces timing as a percentage too depending on boost level.So if it sees more boost it will compensate to the inputted %. I would strongly recommend you have an afr gauge so you can monitor. If it starts going lean on load then back off and get the mapping looked at.

Harni

Thanks. Gives me a bit more of an idea of how it all works. Im taking it easy with the car at the moment so i may just take the gasket back out and put the old one back in leaving the boost leak just to be safe lol.

allanallen

What pip said really, wants addressing sharpish IMO. I take it it's your daily so you can't just park it up till you can get it mapped?

Harni

Thanks guys.

Its not my daily so i could park it up but I'm still running it in due to a slight big end issue i had shortly after it coming back from mapping so i still want to be able to drive it although not hard at all.

allanallen

It'll be well bedded in already, the rings will be well bedded in by now.

Big end and main bearings do not need bedding in, they run in oil!

Harni

Fair enough. I had read otherwise but then i know there is loads of different approaches to bedding engines in and not one definitive option. Plus, I'm liking the fuel economy :D

Wont be going back till the end of april for re mapping so may well just put the old gasket back in and at least then i will have it running ok as it was mapped. Will be getting a AFR gauge this month so will be able to monitor that.

Cheers Allen!