• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

3Rd Party Management With Flex Fuel Sensor? Which One?

B1ack_Mi16

Anyone got experience with this?

I'm in the process of getting a management system for the 405 T16, and I need one that supports flex fuel sensor and is quite easy to set up with that.

Any ideas? I know Megasquirt supports it somehow, but haven't had the time to get into details yet.

welshpug

I think Motec and Haltech do flex fuel, Sandy was saying that the Motec units have a lot of features that would be useful for turbocharged engines.

Other than knowing GM use the sensors and that they're in the several hundred dollar range alone, and that Koenigsegg use them, not a clue!

B1ack_Mi16

Ok. Sensors seem to have calmed in price, only about 50£ for a GM flex fuel sensor, so that's not really an issue.

I might just try out the megasquirt really, as a mate of mine at least has some good knowledge on that one, and it ain't that expensive so not a problem if it turns out a failure :D

petert

I've got a Haltech unit. It connects via a digital input.

B1ack_Mi16

Ok. What Haltech model is that?

B1ack_Mi16

Sensor seem to be a rebranded standard GM one, just bought one for 65$ + 20$ for the plug/pigtail connector from the US, so that's ok now.

ECU seem nice, however a bit expensive. Is it easy to get the flex fuel functionality to work?

Does it have two set of tables for fuel / ignition/ coolant corrections / air temp corrections? I wonder how the map based on the flex fuel signal is organized.

petert

I suspected it was a rebadged GM item. Lucky I didn't have to pay for it! I haven't fitted it yet as I need bigger injectors and larger fuel tank for E85. I currently run 390cc and 25L tank. I need to go at least 30% bigger on each before going straight E85. I'll post some screen shots later.

B1ack_Mi16

Ok. Nice. Yes I bought 1000cc injectors for mine.

Should be able to support 500bhp on E85 I hope :)