• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

m@ttc

Peugeot/citroen Loom Connectors

Rob_the_Sparky

The housings are different styles, as are the new crimps. Has to be said though I've not looked at the original crimps, just assumed the new ones were the same, maybe that is why I can't find them! Going to be busy this weekend but will try to get into the garage and take a look. Crossed fingers that it might just become much easier :)

Anthony

BTW I've got a vague memory of Citroen Xantias using the same sidelight bulb holder as a 205 but with a power timer connector, if that's right they would make a good replacement, power timers are sealed so should stay corrosion free for much longer.

Ah, so that's where they're from! I've got a single 205 fitment side light bulb holder with a JPT connector in a box of random odds and sods but I wasn't sure what it was from.

Another of lifes little mysteries solved :)

welshpug

zx too, and S1 106's, got those on my 205.

jackherer

Excellent, so they definitely fit 205s then?

The Xantia part number is still available, 621532 £6.89 but Peugeot only list it for the 806 and Expert so it might be different to the 106 one.

jackherer

I quickly looked up the 106 part number and it cross referenced to 205s amongst others? The ZX has two part numbers but they are the old style so I gave up :lol:

welshpug

ah, many of the later side repeaters use them, but they aren't listed separately.

looking at the part numbers 106 was the same as a 205 so you're right on that, ZX does use the old part number system, as it happens, they're going back to that system :lol:

A1AXX

Holy thread resurrection,

I wasnt sure exactly what I needed as I'm doing a rewire.

Mainly needed side repeaters and side light crimps.

6542.19 Available and ordered 20 (66p each)

6542.20 Available and ordered 10 (I think 80p each but I cant remember)

6542.22 is Available but on back order until Nov 15th, didn't bother as I may need to go back for more of the above

Should get me started on the rewire

I am removing the fuse board and wiring from a Rebel Loom

A1AXX

Got the little blighters, looks like the two part numbers 6542 19 and 6542 22 are the same crimp, just different size bag

jackherer

They are similar but not identical, 6542.19 is for 1mm2 wire and 6542.22 is for 0.6mm2 wire, the parts that crimp the copper strands and the parts that crimp the insulation are slightly different sizes.

welshpug

theyre for different gauge wire, one is for 0.6mm and one is for 1mm

Rob_the_Sparky

LOL I still haven't replaced my sidelight connectors!  This thread reminds me how long it has been since I've had time for the Pug :(

pug_ham
On 27/03/2014 at 6:05 PM, jackherer said:

BTW I've got a vague memory of Citroen Xantias using the same sidelight bulb holder as a 205 but with a power timer connector, if that's right they would make a good replacement, power timers are sealed so should stay corrosion free for much longer.

On 28/03/2014 at 2:48 PM, jackherer said:

The Xantia part number is still available, 621532 £6.89 but Peugeot only list it for the 806 and Expert so it might be different to the 106 one.

Did we ever confirm the Xantia jpt style connectors are a direct fit to the 205 oe / late side light connectors?

I'm getting towards the end of my engine bay light loom refurb & these would be a better addition than the original plug so I'll get some of them on order if they are.

g

jackherer

I've been thinking about this again too but I haven't actually confirmed it. 621544 is another part number I have noted down to try, this is used on some quite late models so should be easy to get. There are some used ones on ebay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322606913992 - but new ones wont be much more than those.

pug_ham

OK, I'll try to investigate further if they are suitable, I checked on service box & the 621532 are showing as NFP so an alternate is needed anyway.

Fitted to various models including the 206 so could be found in a breakers yard.

£7.98 each from pug so LCS are pretty good value.

g

Cobalt_drill_bit

Hi guys,

I'm trying the link of the first posting:

http://www.ryanmoore.comule.com/

I cannot access this site. Do people have this information otherwise?

Best Regards,

Maarten

jackherer

http://ryanmoore.comule.com/

My saved link works, the only difference I can see is the lack of 'www' so the dns must have changed or something.

Edit: I fixed the link in the first post.

Edited by jackherer
  • Like 1

Cobalt_drill_bit
On 3/24/2014 at 2:18 PM, Rob_the_Sparky said:

Right, I have some contacts from Peugeot (6542.19) and they are not FASTON parts. Almost certainly some of the connections are FASTON as I can recognise the housings but the side light style connections are not (crimp is a very different type). Not yet found the range but given that some are from TE you might expect that the others are as well, some investigation to do.

In digging about I have found this:

http://www.te.com/catalog/pn/en/D03085-000?RQPN=AD-1522-1-CRMP-TL-PEUGEOT

It lists some Peugeot/Citreon numbers and cross references them to manufacturer part numbers. Pretty sure they aren't 205 parts but might be useful to someone in the community.

Hi, does someone have the PDF of the above link on their harddisk? Please PM me?

Or a working link of course. Thanks

Edited by Cobalt_drill_bit

Rob_the_Sparky

Afraid not, I found that link using search tools and some educated search terms.

Ryan
21 hours ago, Cobalt_drill_bit said:

Hi guys,

I'm trying the link of the first posting:

http://www.ryanmoore.comule.com/

I cannot access this site. Do people have this information otherwise?

Best Regards,

Maarten

Take out the "www." part. It doesn't work with the www there as the hosting company wants me to pay extra to redirect www links to the correct page. It's annoying because sometime the forum seems to automatically put www on the start of URLs and it stops the link from working.

http://ryanmoore.comule.com is the only URL that works.

Edited by Ryan

Cobalt_drill_bit

I can load the website now, no problem. Thanks Ryan for the effort to make this content. What you refer to as Misc Connectors is the TE Mark3 series. What tool do you use to remove these terminals from their housings?

Ryan

I don't have a proper extraction tool. I found a small screwdriver that works. The terminals come out really easily with a bit of practice. You undo the clip at one end and then put something thin down the other end in between the terminal and the plastic housing - one side of the terminal has a small tab that folds in - then you can pull the terminals out. It's much easier to do that it is to describe...

• Like 1

Stu_D
On 10/15/2018 at 10:16 AM, Ryan said:

Take out the "www." part. It doesn't work with the www there as the hosting company wants me to pay extra to redirect www links to the correct page. It's annoying because sometime the forum seems to automatically put www on the start of URLs and it stops the link from working.

http://ryanmoore.comule.com is the only URL that works.

Old thread resurrection! 

Ryan. The link to your website doesn't seem to be working again. 

Would you mind posting the information here?

Ryan

I had to move it to another host earlier this week (long story), so for now it's at http://ryanmoore.byethost7.com

At some point I'm going to clean it up and turn it into an article for the main 205gtidrivers webpage, but for now the address above should work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stu_D
On 6/9/2020 at 10:19 AM, Ryan said:

I had to move it to another host earlier this week (long story), so for now it's at http://ryanmoore.byethost7.com

At some point I'm going to clean it up and turn it into an article for the main 205gtidrivers webpage, but for now the address above should work.

Thanks Ryan, very useful