• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan_g1

[Misc_Work] Saved From The Scrap Yard

stufarri

Great to see another one being saved, they are extremely rare and 309 GTI parts are getting difficult to find too.

Every Goodwood came with the wheel and knob in the boot as the wheel was not type approved for factory fit.

If the owner preferred the leather ones, the car left the dealer without the wooden ones, potentially. One of our Lancs PSCUK members worked at the local Pug dealers when these were new hence the nerdy info.

Edited by stufarri
  • Like 1

cybernck

Congratulations on saving it from the scrappy! Now go make it mint again :).

You really need to introduce Plasticare to the bumpers though :).

Edp

Great to see another one being saved, they are extremely rare and 309 GTI parts are getting difficult to find too.

Every Goodwood came with the wheel and knob in the boot as the wheel was not type approved for factory fit.

If the owner preferred the leather ones, the car left the dealer without the wooden ones, potentially. One of our Lancs PSCUK members worked at the local Pug dealers when these were new hence the nerdy info.

Loving that nerdy info :)

Jolly Green Monster

seeing the dash reminds me of the GRi I had... 20years ago!!! lol

rallyeash

Are you going to sell it?

Does it still have V5?

welshpug

need a rear bumper to replace that cut up one?

Ryan_g1

No I've decided to keep it. I have the full v5 also. The owner who scrapped it had it for 17 years.

Yeah I will need a rear bumper when I start work on it. But I need to get the 205 finished first before I get near the 309

Edited by Ryan_g1

Ryan_g1

Well I've been working away on the 309 over the last couple of weeks. I'm been working with a plan of getting it roadworthy and enjoy it, instead of an all out restoration project.

So far it's had a couple of plates behind the fuel tank, new discs, pads and calipers all round. Rear axle mounts, new engine as the previous one was gubbed, new radiator new fuel tank, fuel lines, brake lines and probably more that I've forgot about. It's nearly ready for the road. Just gotta refit the front end, radiator, make sure all lights work ect. Then mot time. Here's some of the few progress pictures I took during if. I also got some new wheels for it.

02F02B4D-09D0-4B04-9401-42747943FB48_zps

8244EE9D-B8EC-4D4A-B9C5-DBF24BF33D48_zps

73A5DDEC-0BE3-44D9-9F28-AAF93A3999EA_zps

1D7FBAB8-7428-41F0-BC06-BB6AEF256084_zps

C788F969-BEDB-42AB-AECF-7E5CD6C69251_zps

D7461D66-70AB-44B9-BB2A-F97280B9CEC6_zps

Hopefully get some more progress with it tomorrow

Slo

Where did you get those wheels from? :wub:

Ryan_g1

I've done a deal with a lad for them for getting his 205 on the road mate

Stephen W

I was pleased to see this had an update when I opened this section! Car is looking good and as I'm not usually a fan of changing from standard wheels, I think it suits those. :)

2052NV

Those wheels suit that car!! Just need to lower the front accordingly now >:)

Juttie205

Not sure you could park closer to the wall

kenneth205xld

If that is the original registration number on the car it was first registered in Dumfries and Galloway area.

Edited by kenneth205xld

Edp

I'm been working with a plan of getting it roadworthy and enjoy it, instead of an all out restoration project.

Thats exactly what I did with my white 309, you won't regret it!

Ryan_g1

The car was originally from a dealers in Glasgow. But when it was first registered it had a private plate on it. I got the front end back together today. Will see if I can get it mot'd Tuesday or Wednesday as I know need to fix the heather matrix hose from the bulkhead to heater matrix. Does anyone know if the 205 one is the same?

Jolly Green Monster

yesterday when I popped in here I didnt like the wheels, but refrained from posting negatively and wondered if they might grow on me.. looking now.. I really like them lol :)

well rescued

Ryan_g1

Well after having the 309 on the road for a few days the gearbox gave way. I fitted another the following day, but not long after that the big ends started chapping!

I removed the engine and fitted an mi16. But unforeseen circumstances have forced me to sell the engine separately. I'm not sure what to do with the car now.

It's got 10 months mot, 4 month tax. Do you think it would we worth sticking it on eBay without an engine?

ANDYGON

Great find. Well done!

How did you get on with the steering wheel and gear knob? What leads you to think it is still with the previous owner and not taken off by a keen eye in the scrappy? Or scrappy staff?

welshpug

get a cheap 8v and bung it in :)

Ryan_g1

I've been to the owners house who scrapped the car. He still has the original steering wheel but it wasn't the original gear knob that was on it. So I sourced just a standard leather item for it.

I was considering putting a cheap 8v in it but, because I'm having to give up my house, I really don't have the time or the space to be carrying on with it. I would prefer it to sell as a whole, to someone who would hopefully put another engine into it and get done use out of her.