• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Difference Between A B6D And B6E Xu5 Engine

Carl

Hi,

I understand that there is a difference in compression ratios etc between these two engines but what are the physical changes?

I currently have one B6D engine and one B6E. The car is a phase 1 and the B6D engine is originally from this but has done over 180000 miles compared with the 75000 on the B6E engine.

What I want to do is to replace the consumables on the B6E engine and fit the auxiliaries/ loom/ etc from the B6D engine, can this be done? if not what are the differences?

I hope you followed.

Carl

welshpug

compression ratio is the only real difference afaik, ancillaries etc will be all the same other than age related variances like inlet mounted coils, directly mounted SAD and ecu temp senders, rear water pump takeoffs.

Tom Fenton

As said, there is no problem doing as you describe. All the necessary parts can easily be transferred as required.

Anthony

Distributor is different as well, as likely will be the thermostat housing unless it's a very early B6E.

The basic engine itself is just the compression ratio (pistons presumably) that's different AFAIK.

Certainly I've interchanged B6D and B6E engines before with no issues.

Carl

Cheers lads, that's the answer I wanted.