• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

AlexRS2782

Declared SORN on both my 205 GTI & Mk1 Focus RS due to the Covid measures & having to self isolate for the next 3 months due to being in the "at risk" on health grounds group.  No point keeping the monthly direct debits running if the car's aren't going anywhere for the forseeable future.

Bloody (enter numerous expletives here) Covid - the FRS was all booked in for April to get the mapping sorted and to get it running properly again and the GTI was due down to Miles in May for a nice long list of work that the car finally deserved :(

On a more serious note, all things considered, take all precautions, stay safe & healthy everyone - hopefully when this all works itself out we can get out enjoying the cars again :)  

Andy

Well put. Common sense. All of us need to keep safe now, keep others safe and come through all this together.

karabas

An erratic engine problem was solved after a long time. ECU Temp Sensor changed and now running smoothly.

Put some door sound deadening stuff.

Door cards changed with a pair of good condition ones.

Missing choke dash blanking cover and fuse box holder clip were put. 

IMG_0586 copy.jpg

Andy

Very slowly upgrading my suspension to AST 3 way. With one hand not working it is a pretty tricky job. At current rate of progress the job should be done by June.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

jackherer

I like those adjustable height drop link tabs on ASTs. I've got Barney's 205 here at the moment with ASTs and I spotted them on his too, I don't think I've seen them on anything else but it seems like such an obvious idea once you've seen it.

• Like 1

Andy

Hi. I was at the Autosport show in January.. AST were promoting their suspension and had an amazing offer on the 3 way stuff. In a moment of , err, weakness, I ordered a full set of fronts and rears .If I had known that three weeks later I would fall off my bike, utterly wrecked my shoulder and a few motor nerves with it, I would not have made the order.However, I did. It is here and it is a work of art. Today’s job is to work out how to support the brake hose as the lug on the Bilstein strut is not present in the AST, and a cable tie will not do. Whether I will be able to drive the car again is another matter, but that is for another day! 
The height adjustment on the drop link is neat.It also allows for longer springs to be fitted if needed, and then the Peugeot drop link shortened if really needed. My only criticism so far is that the rebound adjuster is a bit hard to get at once the coilover is in place as it is at the bottom of the damper tube.The fast and slow speed compression adjusters are on the gas canisters and an absolute treat. If I get to drive it I will report on it in comparison with the Eibach and B6 arrangement I am removing.

jackherer
2 hours ago, Andy said:

Today’s job is to work out how to support the brake hose as the lug on the Bilstein strut is not present in the AST, and a cable tie will not do.

I've solved that problem before by putting a jubilee ring around the strut and putting the tags of a rubber lined P-clip inside the jubilee ring.

Telf

Finally finished the boot trim after getting some material cut to size off a chap on 205owners facebook page. Fits well and looks decent. now i just need some rear speakers.

also fitted all the rear passenger plastics.

boot1.jpeg

boot2.jpeg

Andy

Andy wright version of a jubilee clip. If only I had a tig welder and could tig weld. Neither are true, hence composite bracket .image.thumb.jpg.adcf1f84d7e3e7cdb0faef626e2d0347.jpg

• Like 1

woodymi16
On 3/24/2020 at 4:25 PM, Andy said:

Very slowly upgrading my suspension to AST 3 way. With one hand not working it is a pretty tricky job. At current rate of progress the job should be done by June.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Definitely worth the money

252F70C3-C706-45FC-9DEF-0390F17A68A5.jpeg

• Like 1

DSYKES5500

After cleaning the centre console inside and out, I've got it installed back in and the original Clarion radio/cassette player back in :)

20200321_164727.jpg

Andy

Very neat supercharged instalation.Like the canisters on the brace. 

dobboy

I seen the silhouette of mines' erse for the first time in ages..... as i tried to fit a window prior to wrecking my rough cast!

But this could be the year for it to come out of hiding.......... probably a bad choice!

IMG_7957.JPG

dobboy
On 10/5/2019 at 9:04 AM, ScoobyJawa said:

Got 4 Speedlines refurbed (didn’t bother doing the spare), then treated with Gtechniq C5, look so much better than before :)

471226C6-9BD4-4BEF-9DC5-260AB2B01780.jpeg

is that a bulge on the top of the tyre? or just the pic?

Look nice btw.

Edited by dobboy

barneys66
15 hours ago, dobboy said:

Look nice btw.

I think that's the other wheel and tyre behind it - good optical illusion! :blink:

dawning

Attempted to de rust the front of my XS. I should have done this a long time ago, hopefully I caught it just in time. It's not pretty I ground it off with a wire wheel then went in with hammerite kurust and then two coats of hammerite direct to rust. I really hope it will last.

IMG_20200404_170358149.jpg

stepples

Decided to take a look at the brakes from the car that's been off the road for over 10 years which I got to try and get back on the road.

20200415_153140.jpg

alanx

MOT'ed the car after hibernating for two years. Towed back to storage awaiting it to be taxed. :(

IMG_20200408_130623.jpg

ScoobyJawa
On 3/30/2020 at 10:33 PM, dobboy said:

Look nice btw.

It’s another wheel behind! But lol it does look funny!

ive now refurbed my headlights which were an mot advisory on poor reflectors and put all back together ready to refit to the car so I can drive it........nowhere! Lol

Edited by ScoobyJawa

barneys66

Randomly purchased a BE1 gearknob for the spares shelf then @jackherer reminded me that I'd planned a Satchshift anyway..

In the same conversation we were talking high-torque starters and he put me onto this brand new 2kW Valeo VS140 on eBay which I secured for £20 delivered!

49815216412_319b461779_h.jpg

49808789493_dbc6176fd4_h.jpg

Bogsye

Dusted it off, mounted it up, and put it on it's side!

49831192976_66a41f991e.jpg

Starting the restoration (yet again)

Brian

JTaylor

All the trim/bumpers removed so they can be dyed and brought back to life a little. 

F88CD53C-69A8-43CE-8B1A-375D98C3F738.jpeg

Telf

i drove it to work! it got wet!

some people admired it

strange times!

• Haha 1

AlexRS2782

Discovered someone had helped themselves to my front wiper blades at some point during either Thursday or Friday.  I guess whoever did it couldn't be bothered to order a set online for delivery or just buy a set and collect from someone like Halfords.

Either way, joke's on them - they were pretty much at the end of their life anyway so don't think they'll be lasting long on whatever car they're on now :lol:

• Haha 1