• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

jackherer

As Welshpug says there are two issues there, the raised dimple on the back of the pad that is visible should be in the slot on the piston and the retaining bar is in the wrong place which means your pads are at risk of being ejected! This is really unsafe and even if they come out at low speed can cause a lot of damage!

welshpug

most pad sets have the raised dimple on all 4 pads, so that may not be an issue, but indeed there should be one on the inner pad located in the piston, the notch which it sits in should have a small groove mark next to it, if not you need to turn the piston till it is.

iPlod999

Raised dimple on both pads. Phew!

Turned both pads round and bar along the bottom.

IMG_20140217_15060_edit_1392649583727_zp

Now on the hunt for the retaining clip!

I will check the rest of the pads now.

Thank you people.

Edited by iPlod999

ATK

205's in today for a new clutch, full service, new gearbox and engine mounts, track rod ends and tracking, new door pins.

TooMany2cvs

"Umm, dear, did somebody go down the side of the 205 whilst you were parked?"

"Oh, no, a bollard jumped out at me."

Oh.

Not too bad, fortunately. Just a scrape and slight ripple, between passenger door and wheelarch. Top edge of the swage/indent, and just beneath it. I probably wouldn't even have noticed, if it wasn't for the clean paint showing through the caked mud.

<sigh>

Bogsye

Today I was mainly finalising the list of bits I need to complete the rear beam rebuild.

Then discovered my nearest Peugeot parts dealer is no longer, so it's turned into a royal pain to get the bits I need.

Time is short these days, so a decent dealer that does mail order would be good - anyone know any dealers that do that?

Cheers,

Brian

309jazzpanda

Carried on the never ending debate in my head, do I keep it and fix it up or sell it and get something sensible?

dcc

Today I drove my 205. For no reason other than to put a smile on my face, and the faces of the people at the bus stop, and the people in the Audi, and the bloke in the 405 GRD :D

Number of thumbs up: 4.

Time Driven: 90 minutes.

That's a good thumb to minute ratio I feel.

Also got 2 texts from people swearing they saw a 205 identical to mine! Just happen to be me :D They were as surprised as me that I was actually driving it!

• Like 4

madspikes

Got some good penetration this evening! Welded up a bracket for charge cooler!

Nice bit of tapping as well!

Mad

• Like 1

aldworth33

I robbed the spare wheel carrier from one of my works van (I asked the boss obviously) and cleaned it up and painted it black ready to fit on Saturday as I'm sick of my spare being next to my toolbox at work

hoodygoodwood

Grabbed a few hours at the garage after work this week .

Got my seized ( 1 side ) spare 309 beam apart , will be keeping it till I know I do not need it to replace my Miami beam .Outer bearing came out stuck on trailing arm shaft !

Removed my Passenger side Goodwood front seat , 4 bolts came out ok , one of the ones near the handbrake rounded off so had to be drilled out and the thread retapped .Will be taking it to a local trimmers today to get the loose stitching redone .

All done in the dark at 10pm with a headtorch .

jamie_1992

fitted another set of coilovers to the gti

Daviewonder

One of those days! Started to make up some cupro nickel brake pipes, then spent around 90 minutes looking for the unions. I found the bag of unions but there were only 4 left, not great when you're planning on doing all of the pipes. Anyway I made up the rears ok and fitted new rubber rear hoses, then snapped off the stud that holds the T piece to the car.

blandy

Removed my engine and box and all glass and panels

Slo

Bought another rack went to fit it and found my column uj has been fried by the turbo so it nackered and i need a new one have put up a for sale thread

claypole1360

Started replacing the brake lines, realised the backs have been already done, dropped the tank and found half a ton of S**t stuffed in above it but no rust. Also discovered the original bits of pipe that they couldn't be bothered to remove when they chopped it out. I suppose it showed me the original routing. Going to wax up the underside now while the tank is out.

On the plus side, the bushes on the rear axle look good, but everything is covered in huge amounts of crud as if the previous owner had been joyriding in a quarry.

Calvin

2052NV

went JDM as fark and "put a lip on it" got it for free so through why not, anyone like it??

20140206_152256.jpg

• Like 1

Ballyafb

Spent 2 and half days taking one seized 306 beam apart, then only half a morning taking a low mileage 309 beam apart.

Ended up with lots of spare parts including 306 gti6 beam tube, torsion bars and arb. also 309 base model trailing arms with drums.

Henry 1.9GTi

made a list! ;)

allanallen

I opened the door of my garage which reminded me of the rally I did Saturday/Sunday.......

The joys of my short box making my ears bleed on the motorway

photo_zps89bb0dd5.jpg

Followed by boshing into a wall, doh!

photo_zpsf6eaa170.jpg

I closed the door and went back into the house :P

• Like 1

acox99

At least it missed the boot.......

acox99

Poked a hole

35C51550-DDBB-4FEC-B46D-AE254C65D86A_zps

Cut it out, made a repair section, stuck it in