• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

damien

put a battery on her and started first time, moved her out the garage so i could get to some spare wheels for the 206, moved the 205 back.

Edp

Getting rid of the swirls and scratches that were inflicted on each wing when getting my engine rebuilt.

From this:

20140207_132409_zpselenvvsl.jpg

To this:

20140207_133634_zpspdoxbaoc.jpg

Top work! I still haven't forgotten about your offer of doing mine. It hasn't left the garage lately :(

iPlod999

The offer is still there Ed.

Once it gets a little warmer. ;)

allye

Shut up and take my money! Can you do a car in a day!?

speno

post-20355-0-92143100-1391948779.jpg

I started a new project

• Like 2

TT205

Took the old girl for a swim, gale force winds, very very heavy rain, mahoosive puddles first thing this morning. Hardly anyone on the moorland roads today. Stopped in a lay by for a bacon and mushroom sarnie, then topped the petrol up and replaced n/s wiper

Surprised my arms don't ache from the steering wheel trying to rip itself out of my hands!

Contacts from the wires to the rear demist on rear screen have now come away - is it possible to solder these back on?

iPlod999

Allye.

Can be done in a day. About 8-10 hours.

Shiney shiney. :)

DSC_0424.jpg

• Like 1

Simes

Walked past it, thought about what I need to do.

Inspired by the above, I've got a rotary and a spare (practice) bonnet - where is the time??

• Like 1

willis

Tried to start mine.......wouldn't start!

Fuel pump relay?

Paul_13

Replaced the beam on the gti, sorted the fuel leak and pinned the hand brake cables up. Ready for mot

Diesel - plumbed in the coolant preheater, still need to wire it. Sorted all the other hoses as a few were in bad nick and replace the split one. Sorted the boost leak and replaced a few hoses.

willis

Tried to start mine.......wouldn't start!

Fuel pump relay?

Edp

The offer is still there Ed.

Once it gets a little warmer. ;)

Absolutely, and drier :)

I took her out today, went for a spin for the first time in a while.

Love the mi16 after 4k. Picked up a VTS gearbox too which I intend on fitting soon.

IMG_5130_zps7a3c2878.jpg

Edited by Edp
  • Like 1

Wes

went to get mine out of the garage today, as its been stored in there since september. as expected the battery was flat. after a quick bump start off the drive and a couple of laps of my village all was well. cleaned the garage out then put it back in and the cover back over it, probably won't come out again until april now when it will get taxed for the summer.

acox99

Pulled the straps tighter on its cover as the wind is trying its upmost to pull it off.

Mac Crash

Well, having read this thread http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=112468 more than a few times and armed with 15mm (inboard track rod flat dimension) and 22mm (track rod locking nut - Q&H track rods) spanners, hit the road for some wheel alignment adjustments.... quick question before I get more in depth... any need to centre the rack if you maintain equal thread counts on the track rod ends and have the steering wheel straight ahead? or am I missing something?

Fitted 2 new Q&H track rod ends and adjusted as a ball park figure to what I thought was straight ahead/parallel... car was pulling to the left, running A048R's for lack of anything else right now, pressures are 32 front and 28 rear... after some road testing and adjustments got the tape reading the same from 03 to 09 `o` clock and the steering wheel removed and set straight.... few observations... with toe in the car was horrible, steering heavy and to the left even on opposite camber road sections... toe out pretty much the same but steering pull improved but not by much... parallel (where it is now) better, bump steer drastically reduced but still significant pull to the left... left me thinking something isn't right here..... have equal adjustment on the track rods, steering wheel is straight, parallel alignment, a dog to drive still... I'd be happier pushing the works Sprinter harder than this and that's a complete dog for a 57 plate.... feels like something's bent...

checked the rear of the motor and found significant differences in the clearances of the rear wheels to the forward curve of the wheel arches and the n/s rear wheel just doesn't look right, always thought it looked a bit too heavily cambered in comparison to the o/s... it's also closer into the forward arch... bought the car with the nearside rear arch in primer with no explanation why from the seller so now can only suspect it's had a stop against something... hence the bad pull to the left, will have it 4 wheel aligned to confirm but suspect the worse all the same... shame for a motor with almost a full main dealer service history, so, a disappointing but enlightening Sunday... not sure where to go from here due to instinct... nothing worse than a bent motor.... so needs some further investigation for now, but on a positive note, crisp 8V note hard to beat on a cold, sunny day and the looks on the face of the two young lads in the MK1 VW Golf GTI who passed me heading in the opposite direction towards Scone was priceless.... like a fishing boat spotting a U-boat..... just like the good old days!

Daviewonder

Finished fitting refurbished rear beam. Next on the list is to renew the front suspension bushes and fit new belt kit and water pump. :)

Almost forgot the most important part!

I fitted a new old stock Feu Orange air freshener :D

Edited by Daviewonder

allye

Pulled the straps tighter on its cover as the wind is trying its upmost to pull it off.

Careful the cover isn't quietly taking the paint off the corners of the car where the cover moves around.

It's why I always preferred to leave mine all natural outside!! Nakey

• Like 1

madspikes

I finally finished the arm aching job of refitting and sealing the sump – so so many bolts! I also then got onto the more interesting job of making a bracket for mounting the charge cooler reservoir, finally a simple idea I was happy with.

Clive

acox99

Careful the cover isn't quietly taking the paint off the corners of the car where the cover moves around.

It's why I always preferred to leave mine all natural outside!! Nakey

I was concerned about that but it's bonnet less, frontless and missing bumpers, oh and the scuttle plastic panel so it will fill up with water until it's coming out the door shuts! As soon as the weather improves it will be going back together again!

ATK

Yesterday did a load of jobs:

Removed CD player

Replaced LCD clock

Replaced rear window

Sealed rear windows and various areas to try to stop leaks!

Cleared all drain holes

Changed boot badge

Fitted mudflaps

Replaced rear wiper arm and washer jet

Touched up areas of paintwork with touch up paint

Good wash and hoover

And then a good drive!

Next plans are fitting my period-correct dealer plates, tax disc holder and rear window sticker, service and new clutch tomorow...

iPlod999

Um'd and ar'd about doing the callipers red for ages.

20140217_133106_zpszclsfmbi.jpg

welshpug

pads are in wrong!

welshpug

springs are in the right place but the pads should be the other way up and the retaining bar at the bottom.