• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ftoomsh

Omex 500 Map Xu9J4

ftoomsh

this has most probably been seen many times before so i appologise in advance for not being able to find it!!!

I have a 205 rallycar with an xu9j4 engine which i am converting to gsxr1000 42mm throttle bodies, i have already modyfied a standard inlet manifold to accept the bodies so none of the usual questions there..

i am fitting an omex 500 ecu and loom to the car but ecu cam of a ford so the mapping will be completely different and i know will not start the car as the CPS settings are different.

so based on the below engine spec does anyone have a map to suit to get me started???

1905cc xu9j4

ported and flowed head with standard cams and No. 4 inlet cam pulley

1mm bigger valves with wasted stems

green cosworth injectors

205 mi16 specific 4-2-1 exhaust manifold

i will be using the OMEX Coolant temp and air temp sensors and a Ford wasted spark coil pack.

CPS used will be the standard mi16 sensor which i believe are 36-2 pick up as opposed to the 18-1 on a ford.

any help tips and advice would be greatly appreciated..

welshpug

mapping wont be that far out, unless injector sizing are significantly different, I believe the OMEX software has a scaling tool to cope with injector swaps.

why have you gone so excessive on the injector sizing on standard engine?

I would just change the sensor settings to suit the new engine and see what happens,

ford is usually 36-1, peugeot is 60-2.

ftoomsh

injectors came with the car but was running a grp n chip in ecu.

am i wrong about the mi16 crank position teeth??

Edited by ftoomsh

welshpug

if you have the standard flywheel then yes :lol:

Harni

If you just need a map to start it and check its all working, email Guy at Omex and he will make you up a base map and email it over.

Also, welsh pug is right, the Omex software does have a very handy tool to change injector sizes easily. You literally just input the old and new Cc/min and your away.

Sandy

Forget injector scaling, it doesn't work and any map that's already on the ECU is quite likely to be wildy different to what the engine needs. A map that will get it started to check it all basically works it all a base map should be, then the car should be trailered to a mapper to avoid any risk of engine damage. Most of the time people misunderstand how dangerously incompatible different maps on different engines are likely to be.

petert

The difference between a quality ecu and a cheapo ecu is their ability to control a large injector at idle. With those large injectors you'll be down near 1.7ms at idle, which is close to the injector dead time. If the ecu doesn't have enough resolution, you'll find it difficult to get the required idle mixture. I don't want to burst your bubble but it's really not going to make a lot of hp and something around 250cc/min would be ample.

Injector scaling only works if know the injector dead times for each set of injectors and you map by volumetric efficiency (VE) not injector times.

Edited by petert

Sandy

The issues with injector scaling are far more complex than dead time. The quality of atomisation/mixing varies with different injectors, the start/end times, wetting out etc. I've never seen a mid session injector change that has affected the fuel map and transients in a uniform and linear manner, the entire map shape and transient behaviour, even the power curve; can change dramatically and can produce dangerous holes if not attended to.

Edited by Sandy

RossD

The issues with injector scaling are far more complex than dead time. The quality of atomisation/mixing varies with different injectors, the start/end times, wetting out etc. I've never seen a mid session injector change that has affected the fuel map and transients in a uniform and linear manner, the entire map shape and transient behaviour, even the power curve; can change dramatically and can produce dangerous holes if not attended to.

Interesting stuff Sandy - and entirely logical once you actually think about it.

Taking this offtopic slightly, do you have a preferred injector type for the 8V TU engines? Mine has a 'sticky' injector on a cold start (They are still the ones that were on Sams Rallye from years ago) and I'm thinking about replacements.

Sandy

Alfa 1.8 twin spark "orange" ones, mounted in the OE location usually work well.

ftoomsh

Forget injector scaling, it doesn't work and any map that's already on the ECU is quite likely to be wildy different to what the engine needs. A map that will get it started to check it all basically works it all a base map should be, then the car should be trailered to a mapper to avoid any risk of engine damage. Most of the time people misunderstand how dangerously incompatible different maps on different engines are likely to be.

This is exactly what I will be doing. Once I know that the system will run I will pop it on a trailer and mr gilman oc mikeanics work his magic on his RR.

based on current engine spec which injectors should I be using? They will be mounted in original positions.

thanks for your responses guys!

Sandy

The GSXR injectors are very effective in my experience and about 260cc@3bar generally, so should cover this spec ok. For the OE location, GTI6 ones (IW204) are hard to beat, work well.

ftoomsh

Will the gti6 injectors perform better than the green ones i currently have fitted?

Edited by ftoomsh

Sandy

If they are "803s", then yes, they are ancient technology low impedance turbo injectors and not well suited.

ftoomsh

Ok will check the number on them

ftoomsh

Hi Sandy.

The numbers on the side of the injectors is 3626 0 they are black bodied with green top so not sure if these are 803's after all... unless I am wrong of course!

Sandy

If they are Bosch injectors, the number you want is on the other side and will be: 0280 15* ***

ftoomsh

Looks like they are weber injectors

ftoomsh

Last digit could actually be a G could be some thing else after it too but cant see what it is

ftoomsh

Finally found the code....they are IW204's and Guy @ Omex has emailed me a base map ..... inlet manifold has now come back from being cut square and to the desired length...just need to find time now to get everything on!

welshpug

Ahh gti6 injectors :)

• Like 1

ftoomsh

So I should (fingers crossed) get some half decent results post rolling road mapping session!

ftoomsh

pic of the bodies ..in situ!20140126_223801.jpg