• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
peter

Mapping T16 With Omex 600

peter

Where can i take my home built T16 to have an omex 600 fitted and then mapped?

The loom will need modified to fit, a map sensor added, then mapped.

Thanks

Miles

Bit of a vague description, have you used a old Loom? or are you going for new as most inc me would use a new loom as it's easier to route and fit over a used one, But I will ask my Mate in the trade for someone up your way

peter

I havent actually got the loom yet, but it is for a 106 gti so not sure what it will be like.

how much would i be looking at for a new loom made and fitted?

i literally have no time at home, otherwise id do it myself.

traveling isn't a problem to be hoinest though for a good job.

Miles

From experience a new loom is the best route as mucking around with other looms is a nightmare and unless done by a pro normally pretty poor, A loom made by the RR company could be anything from £400.00 upwards

peter

think ill just do it myself in that case. there really isnt much to it!

peter

Well that's the basic loom made,

It still needs a Knock sensor and cam sensor, but omex say these are rarely used.

petert

Don't let anyone talk you into not running the cam sensor, thus being able to run sequential. The difference in midrange torque is significant, in addition to increasing injector capacity if you're near the limit. I agree with not using the knock sensor however.

• Like 1

peter

The omex 600, guide makes no mention of the cam sensor, do you use an aux input?

thanks

peter

Trying to connect to the omex with the laptop,

all I get is "Fail to connect ECU"

Ive tried all the different ports, different port drivers, etc etc.

I am using a usb-rs232 unfortunately as I don't have any other ports on the lap top.

I give up.

Miles

I know people have loads of issues with the USB thing's, I gave up and used a PCIMA card or whatever they are, Try and find a old laptop as the OS or speed makes no difference on the omex software

peter

My laptop doesn't have a slot to fit a PCIMA card unfortunately.

Sandy

Make sure you auto test the baud rate, but as said USB converters often don't want to talk.

OMEX 600 does not have a cam sensor facility, it's purely a semi-sequential ECU.

I do read what you write and take it on board Peter, but I've still not yet seen a really tangible improvement with sequential, other than a small amount of smoothness. I entirely agree that logically it should be better and eradicating the "preference" of wasted spark coilpacks should be a forward step, but I've not seen any proof in the numbers on any of numerous attempts. I'm giving it another go on two high spec engines I'll have on the engine dyno over the next few weeks that already have cam sensors, making it easy, I'll not give up, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do it on the evidence I have.

• Like 1

sub205

I recently revised a stock 1.9 gti loom and upgraded it for usage with a megasquirt, wasted spark and also fitted the wiring for a turbo control valve. (i currently drive a modified xu10j2c and work on a xu10j2te block for the next year).

I replaced the old (or worn) connectors from newer ones from 306 or 406 looms, cleaned them with ultra sonic and injector cleaner fluid, took new wires where i needed them and completed the loom for every possible option i may need.

The result was as is expected: working perfect, without any problems.

When you have a good loom, this may be an option. But: My megasquirt-flavor has a bosch 55pin connector, so i was able to wire it to be compatible with a stock bosch ecu.