• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Harni

Omex Fuse

Harni

Just working out all the wiring for my Omex and have realised that no where in the manual does it state about using a fuse anywhere to hopefully protect the ECU from any damage. Am i being stupid here or should i be fitting one on the 12v supply (and also on the 12v supplies to the relays) and if so, what rating?

Cheers

stef205

it does state in the manual that a fuse is needed. It states 1a quick blow fuse

allanallen

I never found that in the destructions, I've fitted a 3amp one, best change it quick!

stef205

im only going by what i have in the manual

001_zps8621362e.jpg

Harni

That page isn't in my manual at all! Mines V2 so maybe they missed it out of the newer manual.

Cheers for the help :)

allanallen

Snap! That's not in the manual I've got either

Harni

Stef, do you have the whole manual scanned? If so, would you be able to share it on here? Might be useful for some if there is more info in there that isn't in V2.

:)

Edit: Just had a flick through the 710 install manual and that actually provides a lot more info for wiring which is all identical to the 600 except for the missing cables for missing features. Might be worth bearing in mind for the future!

Edited by Harni

Harni

Yes mate thats the one I've got. I need to phone Omex in the morning now anyway so will ask them if they can send me V1

Harni

Just thought id update this for future use. For the Omex 600, you need a 1 amp quick blow fuse for the live which supplies the ECU and a 25 amp fuse for the relay that supplies the injectors, coil and lambda (assuming you have used a standard omex loom and not made your own wired differently.