• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Xsara Vts/106 Pas Pump Hose Fitments?

johnnyboy666

Does anybody happen to know what size fittings I would need for the high pressure PAS hose to connect a Xsara VTS Rack to a 106 electric PAS pump?

I'm thinking of using a flexible hose for the whole length, does that sound like a good idea?

And can I just get standard hydraulic hose made up, or is there a particular pressure/type of hose I need?

I've slowly been gathering parts to get this conversion done, but wont have much time to actually get everything fitted once I get started, so i'm trying to make sure I've got everything sorted before I get cracking!

Thanks

Biggles

Flexible is fine, I know lots of people who've done it that way. I took the std fittings to the local Pirtek along with the overall length I wanted and hey presto, a hose appeared about 15 mins later. Good price too. If I can find my spare, I might be able to identify the pump end fitting but can't help with the rack end as mine is the std 205 PAS rack.

welshpug

Phase 1 xsara rack would be identical in that respect, same approach would be taken for phase 2, take both 106/saxo and 205/xsara hp pipes to pipe makers, get them to join together with suitable length.

johnnyboy666

The issue arises when I have neither pipe! Reckon they could manage if I took the pump and the rack to them?

welshpug

Unlikely, they arent a standard pipe thread, best bet is to get some pipes from a breakers.