• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

timoth123

[Car_Restoration] 1.9 Restoration

Slo

If the mount tore it was turned to s*it anyway and would have caused problems like upwards bonnet dents later on

I fitted a baker solid bottom mount to mine and your right god the vibrations its day and night to the original

timoth123

So bit of an update. And to cut a long story short. Ive been an an odiot.

Basically diring the engine build phase, after searching for a new block as the original was too far corroded on the liner seats. I got the crankshaft caps mixed up from the original to new block. 750 miles later and a noisey bottom end i was left with this....

66130D2D-0971-45A0-9935-8D62C6C70D46_zps

So engine out and strip. And to add insult to injury, i scrapped the old corroded block with the caps for the good block!! Aaarrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!

Enter mrfirepro to the rescue with a decent block and matching caps. And over the last few months have rebuilt it and put it back in the car. Started it for the first time today. Just as nerve racking as the first time.

Learn from my lesson, dont get ya caps mixed up!!!

Also coming to a build thread near you soon......

387FB9DB-5CEC-4E82-969C-AD1DBAC9D125_zps

86CA2A0B-AA08-460E-AB21-8FD18DCF1BD5_zps

Edited by timoth123

mrfirepro

Tim,

Looking good, keep the updates coming.

Glad the block worked out.