• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Harni

Omex 600 Coil Pack

Harni

Hi Guys,

In the process of building my eaton charged 6 engine up. Have come to sorting out the loom and thus onto the ignition. I was planning on using the XSI coil pack as this would be the neatest option but is it just plug and play with the 600 or do i need any amplifiers?

Cheers

Chris H

I'd imagine the xsi coil pack would be perfect. The omex ecu doesn't need aby amplifiers etc. I use the same coil pack on a weber alpha equiped engine and them seem ok reliability and performance wise.

Harni

I'd imagine the xsi coil pack would be perfect. The omex ecu doesn't need aby amplifiers etc. I use the same coil pack on a weber alpha equiped engine and them seem ok reliability and performance wise.

Cheers Chris. I know you need amplifiers if you stick with the standard separate coils but the ECU also needs modifying according to the manual.

I have seen the xsi packs used before with nothing extra but never seen what bloody ECU they use lol.

stef205

just use a xsi coil pack its much neater

Miles

For multi coils you need the 710, But the 600 will run any standard type of coil pack, Ford, Peugeot etc straight out the box

Harni

For multi coils you need the 710, But the 600 will run any standard type of coil pack, Ford, Peugeot etc straight out the box

You can wire them in a semi sequential format on the 600 but according to the manual, the ECU needs to be modded by Omex.

Thanks guys. Will get a coil pack on order :)

allanallen

I've just fitted an omex 600 and xsi coil pack to a 6 engine, the cam covers need a bit of fettling but it works a treat.

Harni

I've just fitted an omex 600 and xsi coil pack to a 6 engine, the cam covers need a bit of fettling but it works a treat.

Am i correct in thinking you need to grind off the original tabs that the original coils bolt to for it to fit?

allanallen

Yep, only a couple of them from memory mind

Miles

Just render's the head U/S for single coil packs, but it's much neater than having HT leads, Tab's as said its 2 or 3, I get rid of the lot thou as it looks neater

Harni

Cheers guys. Will get the grinder out today! Not fussed if it renders the head useless. If i ever wanted to go back to standard, i could buy a new head or take the one from my current engine which is still fully working and healthy.