• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rowan

Vems Config, Can't Get It To Start

Rowan

Hi,

I'm new to using standalone engine management systems, so bear with me.

The latest firmware is uploaded and TPS,WB02,MAP,AIT,CLT are calibrated.

injectors tested (actuated and listend to clicking), ignition also checked (removed 4th and 3rd plugs and checked the sparks when actuated)

Had some trouble with the trigger but then I've switched the polarity and now it seems a that I get a nice signal.

(Doesn't display any faults like it used to)

However I still can't get it to start...

Is there anyone here with experience in Vemstune that could take a look at my log and config and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx5FHeJh6KK6cDJJaEI1ZnBsWm8/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx5FHeJh6KK6TTQzNTFTMjEtTkU/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx5FHeJh6KK6SlcxbThHdDFVd2s/edit?usp=sharing

post-23808-0-32760800-1377767029_thumb.png

welshpug

standard crank sensor in the standard position?

Rowan

Standard old type TU5J4 Bosch sensor. Mounted on standard bracket.

20130626_111005_zps03a5bd77.jpg

unariciflocos

Two years have passed since I got my car running on VEMS, so my knowledge of it now is close to non existant. However that crank signal doesn't look all that good, after all it is a 60-2 wheel isn't it?

What I remember having a LOT of issues with was setting up the angle between the trigger tooth and TDC. Do your best to measure TDC and mark it on the flywheel and count the teeth to the missing tooth. I did the same and after i started I fine tuned using a strobe.

Second problem I had was with wasted spark firing order. After a bit of messing about I just reversed the two channels of the coil and the engine fired straight away. Write me a PM if you have any more questions. Don't drop by this place so ofthen now that my car is temporary in storage.

Rowan

Cheers mate!

The sensor was fubar and hall filter was enabled, so swapped the sensor and disabled the filter.

Started right away!

Now it runs very rich and almost on 3 cylinders..

But I think I'm going to take it to a professional mapper and get it sorted on the rolling road.

I'm afraid that with my lack of experience with standalone enginemanagement something will go horribly wrong.

unariciflocos

The VEMS basemap is not rich, it's ridiculously rich, sort of a failsafe against detonation. I had to reduce all values to a quarter of what they were to get acceptable AFR readings. Flooded two of my plugs to the point where it killed them completely.

I got it to run pretty decently by leaving it in closed loop autotune at idle and after that doing some on the street tuning. (No mappers where I live) I did start with a spark and VE table from here on the forum.

Best of luck!

• Like 1