• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rapiddave

Lightened Flywheel - Which Is Best To Get And Where From

Rapiddave

Hiya Guys

Clutch has gone on my 205 Mi, its got a 1.6 be3 box - so i was thinking whilst the box is off I may as well add another upgrade to it :)

So which is best lightened fly wheel and upgraded clutch to get and where is best to get them from ?

Not really to arsed about the cost as I've got more money than sense - ha ha

Any help would be much appreciated

B11 BOB

Rich W flywheel contact details on 306 gti6 forum if buying second hand try to get the late type as the early type ones had issues with starter motor catching on flywheel teeth.

Edited by B11 BOB

welshpug

Erm, thats a gearbox not a flywheel?!

TTV Seem to be the only company currently offering steel flywheels at reasonable prices, the standard xu 215mm unit with timing teeth is 3.7 kg and around £300 new iirc.

Clutch really depends on use, but a standard decent branded unit is very good and cheap, next step up us a valeo motorsport unit or helix, possibly ap, but theyre a few hundred quid.

Rapiddave

thanks for replies

I emailed TTV about the - Lightweight billet steel 3.7kg Flywheel - part number I think is 0760 and got an email back saying

'' Hi Dave thanks for your enquiry, this flywheel is designed for a 7.25'' race clutch is that what you are using ? ''

as far as I was aware the car was on a standard clutch - am I looking at the right flywheel ? and if I go for a valeo or helix clutch will it all fit ?

brumster

http://www.ttvracing.com/Peugeotflywheel.html

Best talking direct with http://www.lynxpowerengineering.co.uk/contact.aspx

Just bought and fitted an 0686 myself. Not sure there's anything massively "supalite" about them, but it does the job (my old one was knacked anyway) and hasn't needed any major re-balancing once on the internals. Cheaper from Lynx than JRE, too.

Dizzee stuff

Its cheaper to buy off Rich-W on the 306 forum, £260 inc delivery. TTV won't sell them direct, I tried.

Rapiddave

Any contact telephone number , part number or link pls :)

welshpug

Yeah, look above!

Rapiddave

Yeah seen it sorry , i replied on the mobi and didn't see it