• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jorg

Dta S60 Queries

jorg

I have a few questions regarding a DTA S60 ecu if anyone can help. I looked every thread on the forum about the S40 version doing my research as that was what I was intending to buy but ended up getting a S60 with full loom instead.

Crank Sensor:

On the S40 there is only only output for the Crank, I have two to choose from with the S60. As I have very little knowledge on these types of things could someone tell me which one I should be using please? Crank Sensor Hall Effect or Crank Sensor Magnetic? From what I have read I want to say that I should be using the Magnetic sensor.

Coil:

Although the S60 ecu has the option for me to run individual coil packs I will be sticking with a wasted spark setup. I understand the 4 pin plug are normally wired like below:

1. Coil 1 + 3

2. Coil 2 + 4

3. 12v

I am getting confused which outputs I should be using for the coils. I know the firing order is 1342 so looking at the S60 wiring diagram should I be using O/P 10 for coils 1 + 3 and O/P 18 for 2+4? Can't get my head around it at all for some reason, it was easier on the S40 as I only had two outputs to choose from, now I have four.

Injector/Cam Sensor

I have worked out how to wire up the injectors but as I will be running a non sequential twin injector setup am I right in saying that I don't need to wire in one of the two cam sensor available? The cam sensor would only be required if I was running sequential yes?

Any help/guidance provided will be appreciated. You never know I might actually get the car moving before the end of the year!

Thanks for looking

Geoff

welshpug

Pug sensors are magnetic, so I would wire it pin 1 to ecu 12 pin 2 to sensor ground, Sandy could confirm that though.

running wasted spark you wont have anything else going to the same sensor ground so it is very easy to swap them over if it doesn't work, indeed you wont need the cam sensor with wasted spark.

spark is easy, just wire it as if there was only two outpuits so its the same as wiring the S40, just ignore the other two coil triggers.

Coil trigger 1 (ecu pin 10) to 1+4

Coil trigger 2 (ecu pin 18) to 2+3

jorg

Cheers Mei :)

I have spent the afternoon removing all the excess pins/wires that I won't be needing from the plugs, ended up using a few of these lines to replace ones that were butchered. The crank sensor wiring was setup for magnetic but only had a two pin plug on the end and the pins at the plug end of the shielded wire were crap and wouldn't lock in place properly. Luckily I had a semi built S40 loom with raychem wiring in the spare room so borrowed the crank stuff off that :D

welshpug

top job, if you're stuck for anything or need any dta specific advice Martin Fox isn't far from you at all, about 40 mins IIRC, just south of Wigan.

http://www.mefmotorsport.com/

if you fancy a read of his current rally car build have a link http://bmw-rallying.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2379

He's got DTA S80 on an S50B30 lump in what was a BMW 118d as a stage rallycar :D

luggy

I have a few questions regarding a DTA S60 ecu if anyone can help. I looked every thread on the forum about the S40 version doing my research as that was what I was intending to buy but ended up getting a S60 with full loom instead.

Crank Sensor:

On the S40 there is only only output for the Crank, I have two to choose from with the S60. As I have very little knowledge on these types of things could someone tell me which one I should be using please? Crank Sensor Hall Effect or Crank Sensor Magnetic? From what I have read I want to say that I should be using the Magnetic sensor.

Geoff

A little off topic. Been looking at upgrading the management on the mi and found an article PeterT posted regarding interference from the standard Crank sensor.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=144723&hl=%2Bhall+%2Beffect

Might we worth looking into seeing you've got the option of installing a hall effect one. :)​