• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ian010778

Central Locking Reminder

ian010778

Hi guys,

Can anyone remind me whether my central locking should unlock as well as lock the passenger door when I use my key or operate the drivers side plunger please?

I've finally got around to fitting one of Maplin's universal two wire actuators to the passenger door after having to run around the car for about 10 years but although it locks with the drivers side it doesn't unlock it. My wife seems to think it used to do this rather than her having to wait for me to unlock her door from the inside but I just cannot remember how it used to work.

It's a standard but probably not factory fitted early 5 wire drivers side and 2 wire passenger side and boot set up however the boot actuator is currently off the car as it decided that it didn't want to work yesterday when I re-fitted it.

In the longer term I'm looking to hook the central locking into my newly fitted Toad Ai606 using a second motor in the drivers side but at the moment there is no remote functionality or anything - just three motors and the wiring.

Any help appreciated

Ian.

johnnyboy666

pretty sure all the 205s I've had with central locking would both lock and unlock the passengers side, although I'm also pretty sure most of them were not the original C/L kit

Anthony

OE central locking should lock/unlock all the doors and boot when you use the drivers side lock.

If you use the passenger side lock, only the passenger door will open. Same with the boot - that will only lock/unlock the boot.

ian010778

Cheers both - looks like I owe the missus an apology then!