• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

forbeslongden

Which 205 Models / Colour-Ways Are The Hardest To Find?

forbeslongden

Hey guys, what 205 models / colours are the hardest to obtain?

I only ask because I have a Steel Grey STDT and I figure they are quite scarce since the Mallard Green version is easily more obtainable.

Some models I rarely see are :

Silver GTi

Atlantic Blue CTi

those 'petrol blue' N/P plate late 1800cc diesels

Lazer Green 1.9(?)

What about you guys? What's considered to be rare?

GLPoomobile

Yellow GTIs. Only about 2 made.

Topaz Blue was pretty limited.

• Like 1

welshpug

aircon gti's, with working aircon :lol:

• Like 1

acox99

Lazer green seem to be pretty scarce compared to Miami blue which is always considered rare as it was a limited edition

Anthony

Lazer green seem to be pretty scarce compared to Miami blue which is always considered rare as it was a limited edition

Not quite true.

The initial Miami Blue cars were limited edition (600 total), and these were 1990 models, Phase 1.5's with full grey leather etc.

The later Miami Blue cars (1991 onwards, Phase 2) were a regular production colour and quite a popular one at that, hence there's so many of them around still. It's actually a slightly different shade of Miami Blue compared to the earlier cars - the earlier shade is lighter and slightly washed out looking compared to the deeper later shade.

The same is true of Sorrento Green btw - initial 1990 cars were limited edition, later 1991-on cars were a regular production colour.

Laser Green was only around for a year or so AFAIK, between 1991 and 1992, hence not being many around.

forbeslongden

I love the Laser Green ones, I always see Citroen Xantia's with that similar colour but I've only seen one 205 in the flesh with that colour way.... Are there any pictures of the yellow ones?

Conversely, are there any R plate 205's? Around 2000-01 I saw one but the plate didn't look right. I've got an August 96 P plate and I assume those were the last in the UK?

Anthony

Conversely, are there any R plate 205's? Around 2000-01 I saw one but the plate didn't look right. I've got an August 96 P plate and I assume those were the last in the UK?

I've seen at least one R plate 205 - it was a LHD 205 Forever (IIRC) in white, spotted in the Reading area a few years back.

There's a few P plate ones around (was one in my local scrappy a few months back), and N's are common place - base models rather than GTi's, obviously. I think the final GTi's out there are on an M reg, and even then there's only a small handful.

acox99

They must be one of peugeots longest production run on a car.

welshpug

83 to 94 isn't that long, anything else was old stock sat in fields!

forbeslongden

You'd think that but my '96 has all the correct 1996 date stamp clocks on the plastics.

forbeslongden

Also, was there really some M reg GTi's out there in right hand drive?! That seems super late!

Anthony

Also, was there really some M reg GTi's out there in right hand drive?! That seems super late!

Not really that late. They were still being manufactured in 1993, so that's only sitting around unregistered for a year or so. Some cars were sat around a lot longer than that unregistered - 309 Goodwoods for example were all manufactured in 1991 but some of them ended up on a '93/94 L registration because they'd been so slow selling and sat around for ages unregistered. I've heard of much more extreme examples with other marques where they've been sat for many years!

I'm sure Henry Yorke will be along to give exact numbers and what the latest known registered GTi is.

Davy

Not really that late. They were still being manufactured in 1993, so that's only sitting around unregistered for a year or so. Some cars were sat around a lot longer than that unregistered - 309 Goodwoods for example were all manufactured in 1991 but some of them ended up on a '93/94 L registration because they'd been so slow selling and sat around for ages unregistered. I've heard of much more extreme examples with other marques where they've been sat for many years!

I'm sure Henry Yorke will be along to give exact numbers and what the latest known registered GTi is.

I remember seeing a lorry load of unregistered cars being unloaded at a local car dealer that were absolutely covered in green moss / algae. I knew a guy who worked there and he said they had came from an outside storage lot. He said they had been bought cheap but that by the time they had been cleaned and polished etc, and in some cases had panels repainted (thanks to bird sh*t), then the dealer didnt make a lot on them!..

acox99

Talbot sunbeam lotus's where a good example of cars that sat around for years in dealers unsold

johnnyboy666

roland garros' are getting very thin on the ground now (except for a few softops that show up on ebay regularly) they're my favourite paint colour and interior combination

willis

I think there's only a couple of Lacostes in existence.

Lan

yellow is the colour of winners... wish mine was yellow! if ever I had a respray the deed would be done

Henry Yorke

post-3457-0-83520800-1375302589_thumb.jpg

I'll take Anthonys R plate and raise you 2 letters!

post-3457-0-25631200-1375302558_thumb.jpg

There are apparently M plate 205's about, though I have never seen one either in pics or in the flesh. IIRC Maxi knew of one local to him a few years back.

The last RHD 205 GTI's are in Australia as Gerry has the latest I know of. The late ones were plastic inlets and and grey carpets.

AFAIK, there was only one yellow one made (and apparently a 309 too). The 205 belongs to a PSC member and is airconned.

post-3457-0-89526200-1375302976_thumb.jpgpost-3457-0-84438700-1375302899_thumb.jpg

AlexRS2782

Looks quite nice in yellow :)

Henry Yorke

Looks quite nice in yellow :)

Solar Jaune - Paint code EOAS, only around in 1992/3 on the Rallye and Junior D
Check out this bad boy from when I was 21!
[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:164]
  • Like 1

forbeslongden

Oh my! a T plate one! Is that Australian imported? I notice the R-reg one is LHD by the look of it, re there any UK born and registered lates?

I find the late ones quite facinating, sad as it is.

welshpug

I thought there was two yellow gti's?

TooMany2cvs

Oh my! a T plate one! Is that Australian imported?

It would still have had to be imported new and unregistered to get a then-current plate rather than one based on the date of first registration abroad.

Just looking the plate up on DVLA's tax disc checker says...

Date of First Registration 02 08 1999

Year of Manufacture 1995

So the plate relates to "first reg", therefore unregistered anywhere until 1999.

The R-plater comes back as...

Date of First Registration 25 09 2002

Year of Manufacture 1998

So the plate relates to the year of "manufacture" (first reg elsewhere, more like), therefore imported used in 2002 with foreign plates on.

Edited by TooMany2cvs

mowflow

yellow is the colour of winners... wish mine was yellow! if ever I had a respray the deed would be done

Lance Armstrongs accountant strongly disagrees with this statement.

welshpug

PMSL!