• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pyrrhic

Drivers' Cars: 205 Cti 1.6 (1989) By Pyrrhic

pyrrhic

Name: 205 CTI 1.6 (1989)

Date Added: 08 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

Owner: pyrrhic

Short Description: 1989 Peugeot 205 CTI in yellow, with phase 2 clear turn signals, leather seats from a GTI 1.9, lowered suspension by Raceland (springs, shocks and torsion bars).

View Vehicle

Henry Yorke

More pics please!! Is that a factory colour? I would be a bit surprised if it was in 1989 as Solar Jaune (EOAS) was around 1992 on the Rallyes. Yours looks more like BMW Dakar Yellow too.

I have seen a picture of a factory CJ though but that was phase 2 so 1990+

Are they MIM wheels?

What make is the rear panel?

Are your half leather seats trimmed GTI ones in the back?

It looks great!!

pyrrhic

Henry, it's been a while, I just found this tread! I didn't know it was automatically created (silly me).

I really don't have all that info you are looking for. I don't think this is the factory color as Peugeot Service Box says my car was metallic at birth, but whoever painted it yellow did a good job as I cannot find the original color on the body. BMW Dakar yellow is more pale than this color, however. I have seen a 306 in almost the same color as my car, so I think this is Sundance Yellow: https://www.google.com/search?q=sundance+yellow&espv=210&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=qnMrU92rB4rpswags4HoBA&ved=0CCgQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=681#q=peugeot+sundance+yellow&tbm=isch

As far as I know the wheels you see on the car are factory options (perhaps dealer installed in Germany). I have no idea who made the rear panel but it definitely doesn;t seem stock to me. The seats are untrimmed GTI 1.9 in the back.

I recently changed the tiny 30mm Raid steering wheel for a bigger 34mm Raid wheel: it's much better because my car has no power steering.Pictures to come.

I also installed a set of Speedline 15" wheels with 195/50-15 tires, and they are rubbing my NFP fender flares (wheel arches?), so now I am really thinking about lifting the front a bit.

Oh, the car's nickname is "Le petit Putain"...

Edited by pyrrhic

pyrrhic

Original pictures from previous owner:

Fullscreen+capture+4242013+230803.bmp.jp

Showing worn out old hood that needed to be replaced:

Fullscreen+capture+4242013+231038.bmp.jp

Small 30mm Raid steering wheel that was recently replaced for a much better Raid 34mm one.

Fullscreen+capture+4242013+231046.bmp.jp

GTI 1.9 seats

Fullscreen+capture+4242013+231051.bmp.jp

Topless fun

Fullscreen+capture+4242013+231055.bmp.jp

Fullscreen+capture+4242013+231058.bmp.jp

Fullscreen+capture+4242013+231102.bmp.jp

Fullscreen+capture+4242013+231105.bmp.jp

Fullscreen+capture+4242013+231109.bmp.jp

Fullscreen+capture+4242013+231112.bmp.jp

pyrrhic

Pictures from a pre-winter jaunt into the woods near Ansbach, Germany. New hood made by Tops Online in the USA is installed.

IMG_7526+1200.jpg

IMG_7537+1200.jpg

IMG_7543+1200.jpg

Sounds of the Supersprint exhaust:

Edited by pyrrhic

pyrrhic

Mid winter, CTI gets a midnight wash while wearing steelies and narrow winter tires.

IMG_7541.JPG

End of winter, steel wheels changed to Speedlines!

before

IMG_7610.JPG

after

IMG_7611.JPG

Ain't she purdy!

IMG_7615.JPG

pyrrhic

Today's maintenance and problems...

Oil change: poured some Mobil 1 10w30 oil with a new Mann oil filter

CameraZOOM-20140320161738040.jpg

Found out my #1 spark plug looks like this... :(

CameraZOOM-20140320164258749.jpg

And so did #2, #3 and #4!!! Head gasket failure???

Taking a gander down #1 spark plug hole shows wetness...

CameraZOOM-20140320164305618.jpg

#3 is just moist...

CameraZOOM-20140320164534801.jpg

New NGK BCPR6ES plugs gapped and installed...

cybernck

I've got two of those aftermarket rear panels.

I had managed to find out the manufacturer on a Dutch forum, but have later forgotten who it was and the forum crashed soon after, so the info got lost :(.

pyrrhic

Are they MIM wheels?

Those wheels are ATS, 15" diameter, 7" wide.

Weser

I light the light switch in the dash. Is that a standard feature on european cars. Am I right in thinking the Griffe had it?

welshpug

309's had the height adjuster, its an option on higher spec Euro cars.

pyrrhic

I light the light switch in the dash. Is that a standard feature on european cars. Am I right in thinking the Griffe had it?

I think after 1989 all cars in Germany were mandated to have adjustable headlights.

309's had the height adjuster, its an option on higher spec Euro cars.

My 309 has them too, but unfortunately the repair parts are NFP. To pass the TUV (German MOT) the car needs that system operational. On that car it has been replaced by an aftermarket manual operation system, and frankly, it's garbage.

pyrrhic

Trying different steering wheels...

309 GTI? No, too close to the dash, wrong offset, felt very weird.

image_url-23540-1395752280.jpg

Raid 34mm wheel with flat bottom? More like it. Better size than the tiny 30mm wheel that was there before, and the hand positions are great. I really like this wheel, I hope to get a better picture soon.

image_url-23540-1395752289.jpg

pyrrhic

Well, I just found out the fuel injectors I have on my car are wrong. While visiting a friend who owns a few 205 GTI and CTI a few days back he mentioned he had nevere seen those injectors on a XU5JA. He recommended I go through the Bosch Classics website (German site but in English: http://www.automotive-tradition.de/en/wissen/recherche.htm) and check out which injectors were called for this car. The site gave me a print out of all Bosch parts fitted to the car, but it's all in German.

Anyway, according to Bosch my injectors should be 0 280 150 211. What I have on my car are 0 280 150 213. I don't know what being one digit off means, but I imagine having the wrong piece in the car might be the reason I sometimes get a sputter while driving. I searched the 213 part number and apparently it was fitted to the Ford Mustang and US market Ford Capri. Not Peugeot part at all.

So I am adding one more thing to the list of parts I need for my cabrio: correct Bosch injectors.

welshpug

I have at least one spare set of Bosch Blue 1.6 gti injectors, have you places a wanted ad?

edit, if they really are 213's, I'm surprised it even runs at all, they're rated at 346cc!! you need 147cc ones! :blink:

Edited by welshpug

pyrrhic

I have at least one spare set of Bosch Blue 1.6 gti injectors, have you places a wanted ad?

edit, if they really are 213's, I'm surprised it even runs at all, they're rated at 346cc!! you need 147cc ones! :blink:

I just came to that conclusion too! I found a Bosch technical file that shows the flow rate you just mentioned. Ho much would you want for your injectors? I found a set of four rebuilt ones in the USA for $98.95 with warranty. These injectors were used on the BMW 318i too.

And, yes, they are 213 injectors, the 3 is a bit smushed but it's there.

CameraZOOM-20140331170513992.jpg

Edited by pyrrhic

welshpug

not much, say £25.

pyrrhic

Sounds fair, is that with post? How should I send you payment? I prefer Paypal.

jackherer

If it runs even vaguely acceptably with such big injectors it must have had the AFM adjusted to compensate so if you go back to the right injectors it's going to run very lean.

welshpug

ah good point, want to buy an AFM too? :lol:

pyrrhic

Perhaps. Price?

Sign in to follow this