• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
S@m

Mi16 Icv On Gti6 Inlet.

S@m

Just a quick question this one - as part of my upcoming mi16 conversion i will be fitting a gti6 inlet manifold and as such trying to find ways around mounting the icv and ign coil, all i want to know is will there be any adverse effect in having the mi16 idle control valve open to atmosphere, i.e, one end will connect into the inlet manifold as per usual operation the other would just be open to the engine bay and to intake air as needs be (with a little breather filter attached) - any problems there?

I have done it with gti6's before but will the mi16 work also since in its standard set up it draws air from the pipe after the afm; hence metered, whereas it will be drawing unmetered air the way i want to use it.

Simes

I vented mine through a small k and n filter.

I also disconnected mine from the ECU as it made the car idle awfully, however this was on a third party ECU with no afm etc.

See my build thread for pics.

welshpug

you will need to pipe it up exactly as per MI16, i.e to engine side of the AFM.

S@m

I had hoped that was not the case. Cheers for the info though guys - can you explain why just out of interest? I assume the reading from the afm must effect its operation somehow.

Vili

Because it is the only way the ecu knows how much air gets in.