• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madmover

What Oil? 1.9Gti With Mods

madmover

Sorry if this is a repost but I've got a 1.9GTI, it has a 285 Piper Cam, Vernier Pulley with some head work and a few other bits. It's due an oil change and I've only recently had the car... i know what grade a normal standard 1.9 should have but I was just wondering what everyone would recommend? I've wrote to the previous owner to find out what he used but haven't had anything back and need to do an oil change.

All help is much appreciated!

Andy

Anthony

Personally, for regular use (ie road and perhaps the odd trackday) I would just use a half-decent 10W40 semi-synthetic.

I'm sure that they'll be someone along in a minute to suggest you need oil made from the tears of baby whales or something with a price tag to match...

• Like 1

dantheman

Hi, I have a 1.6GTI running webber 45's and a newman tarmac rally cam, I put 10w-40 semi-synthetic in although it does get changed alot! Never had a problem unless the metal water pipe splits! :ph34r:​

Miles

As above a good quality oil, I've always had good results with Fuch's XTR10/40 to the degree of a engine running for 10 odd miles with no oil pump and it survived

madmover

Thanks chaps! Ordered some this afternoon and a new filter along with some spark plugs!