• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Eliganza

Brake Vacuum Hose Setup, Gti6

Eliganza

Hi guys, I seriously need to dig my 205 out and get it finished, the only thing stopping me is the brakes. Does anyone have pictures of their vacuum hose setup? I ideally would like to know what joins/fittings/hose diameters people are using for theirs. Also, do most people just use either the vacuum pump or inlet or both? It's a gti6 engine with 1.9 gti non abs brakes.

Cheers!

welshpug

just use the standard gti6 stuff and connect the 205 servo hose to it at the one way valve.

Eliganza

Looks like I'll have to see what I have left from the conversion, pretty sure I've lost a few bits. I think I'll ask Miles...

EZ Tutty

I just run the brake servo from the vac pump on the end of the inlet cam, and i've blanked off the port on the inlet manifold.

Seems to work fine, i know a few others have done this too.

ORB

Mine runs std GTI6 setup with the hard pipe that goes from manifold to vacuum pump to a T piece that connects to the 8v pipe (shortened)

I have never tested it as my brakes have no fluid at the mo as I have more important things to do first!

glenwah

Why do you blank off the inlet manifold?

Miles

Same here, never use the inlet as there is no point, the pump like on Derv's run's far more than any inlet could give and my theory has been less is better

camgti

THis thread may have solved a problem of mine! I think I have a leak in this area which is causing strange idle and running below 2500 rpm...

Back on topic, I have also just run straight off the T Piece mentioned.

Cam

mikeygulley

Can someone tell me the ID of the hose please? I need a new length!!