• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Jemehan

205 Fuel Pump Choices

allanallen

It's common on lots of cars to have submerged terminals.

rikky

Just for reference, I have this one on my 205 gti6, replacing the standard pump:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Walbro-GSS340-255-LPH-High-Pressure-IN-TANK-Fuel-Pump-With-Filter-Element-/160822661118?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

(Walbro GSS340 255 LPH High Pressure IN TANK Fuel Pump With Filter Element)

I spoke to Torques and they informed me I needed that one, and I've retrofitted it into my existing pump housing :)

Edited by rikky

Ballyafb

Just for reference, I have this one on my 205 gti6, replacing the standard pump:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Walbro-GSS340-255-LPH-High-Pressure-IN-TANK-Fuel-Pump-With-Filter-Element-/160822661118?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

(Walbro GSS340 255 LPH High Pressure IN TANK Fuel Pump With Filter Element)

I spoke to Torques and they informed me I needed that one, and I've retrofitted it into my existing pump housing :)

FINALLY! Someone has found a low pressure in tank and made it fit the standard mount. I used this >>

http://www.glencoeltd.co.uk/hi-in-tank-low-pressure-feeder-pump-filter-ac-1336/#

Need to make an adaptor as it is really small. Cheap though.

allanallen

Bally, why is it cheating using a standard hp pump to feed the swirl pot? In correctly made system with a return, the pot won't pressurise so what's the issue?

Tom Fenton

What about a late 205 SPI 1400 pump? I reckon that will be rated to less pressure/flow?

Or run a ballast resistor in line to the GTI pump to reduce power the pump runs at, and hence flow

• Like 1

Henry Yorke

Or run a ballast resistor in line to the GTI pump to reduce power the pump runs at, and hence flow

Technically you could put a pot / variable resistor on that and have whatever flow speed you want so you could "tune" it.

allanallen

But why?????

welshpug

indeed,

as mark and lard said, NO NEEEED!

Rakandy

Hi, so as I can see Walbro 255 doesn't fit Phase 1 fuel pump casing so well as it is shorter, smaller diameter and has no centered outlet. Then what would be the best replacement for the Phase 1 (52mm diameter) Bosch 0580464993 fuel pump?

image.png.cb08dea2c4b69c12140babf132593550.png

Vaizdo rezultatas pagal užklausÄ âpeugeot 205 fuel pumpâ

mrmarcos

Woodymi16 I bought the same pump off ebay. New and works perfect! The only difference is the part number ends on a 3 onstead of an 8 for the original phase 1 and 1.5. Works fine and has the same fuel pressure as factory stated..

Tom Fenton

Fuel pressure control nothing to do with the pump. The regulator on the end of the fuel rail governs pressure. The pump just supplies a flow of fuel.

Rakandy
1 hour ago, woodymi16 said:

Nevertheless part number is the same, it looks different and dimensions are not the same too: 21.5 x 6.4 x 6.4 cm

There are very cheap options on Aliexpress that look identical, same dimmensions and have the same part number. However they say it is for Fiat Croma and Lancia Thema.

Anyone knows if it would be good for 205 GTI?
https://nl.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20180622022751&SearchText=0580464998

Rakandy

Anyone? I'm pretty sure its shape will be good, but I don't know if it will make enough pressure. Sellers state that its 3 bar fuel pump. Will it be enough for 1.6 GTI 76kw?

Bart
On 6/24/2018 at 5:14 PM, Rakandy said:

Anyone? I'm pretty sure its shape will be good, but I don't know if it will make enough pressure. Sellers state that its 3 bar fuel pump. Will it be enough for 1.6 GTI 76kw?

Kicking an old horse, but I ordered a similar one from aliexpress, keep you updated!

And since the fuel regulator should regulate it back to 3 bar anyway, it doesn't matter. It should make it easily.

DamirGTI

Good luck with it !

Was also thinking about trying one from the aliexpress , just for s*its and giggles (as the price is , really low) ... but after seeing what's inside in comparison with Bosch i decided to rather fix my old spare Bosch pumps :

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8874567

You can still get new Bosch pumps , 993 or 998 they're the same , for around 100 EUR .

D

Skip

Hi guys, sorry to jump on this topic but I've a question re fuel pumps too someone might be able to help with. I've a GTI rally car I bought that's be converted to use Twin Weber carburettors. As they used the orgininal fuel pump there was a return to the fuel tank but from what I could see they'd put in a filter king regulator that returned the excess fuel straight to the tank. I've upgraded (from twin 40's to 45's) and now have a filter king regulator with a float chamber (or bowl) which should stop the need for the return hose. Since doing so Ive been informed the original fuel pump will create too much pressure and needed to swap to a more mechanical pump. I purchased and installed a Facet pump but haven't run the car up yet as it's still being rewired and various other things are being "adjusted". My concern is, being as I have the fuel line come out of the top of the tank straight to the facet, it's going to struggle to suck the fuel through the now defunk fuel pump. What I'd like to know is if you guys know of a lesser powerful in tank fuel pump opposed to the GTi one? I've heard/seen Walbro 255 banded about, is this what I should consider instead? Been a couple of years since any one has commented here so I hope someone sees this and replies. BTW, it's a 1.9 with an 8v head on an mi16 block.

Many thanks, Skip

Tom Fenton

Very much if it ain’t broke don’t fix it here. Sounds like the filter king with a return to tank was perfect to supply the low pressure you need to the Webers while being able to deal with the flow from the originally injection pump. I’d be tempted to put it back to how it was.

• Like 1

barneys66

I run an original pump, Filter King reg and twin 45s on my 1.9 8v and don't have a return line - works just fine.

• Like 1

Skip
On 7/1/2021 at 7:50 PM, Tom Fenton said:

Very much if it ain’t broke don’t fix it here. Sounds like the filter king with a return to tank was perfect to supply the low pressure you need to the Webers while being able to deal with the flow from the originally injection pump. I’d be tempted to put it back to how it was.

Hey Tom. Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it's a little late to put ti back now lol.

Skip
On 7/1/2021 at 11:14 PM, barneys66 said:

I run an original pump, Filter King reg and twin 45s on my 1.9 8v and don't have a return line - works just fine.

Ha, clearly I've spoken to the wrong people :( Anyway I came up with a solution in that I removed the pump from the tube it sits in and put a straight pipe in it's place using the original filter. Works fine. 

• Like 1

Skip

Here's the solution btw.

IMG_9812.jpeg

IMG_9811.jpeg

joris_andriesse

And another bump on this topic.

I just bought myself a Walbro GSS342, of which I thought it would be a direct fit in my '92 car, but not at all.

In the first picture, left my new fuel pump housing and on the right side the old one. Some differences, but sizes are the same.
Then on the second two photo's the Walbro pump and as you can see it's way to narrow.

Any idea how this is possible and perhaps ideas for how to get it solved?

20211119_155214.jpg

20211119_144413.jpg

20211119_144450.jpg