• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ScoobyJawa

Removing Headlining

ScoobyJawa

Done a search but comes back no results, sure this must have been covered before?

How do you safely remove the roof lining?

Got a passenger footwell leak, traced it all the way up the door seal to the roof, peeled back the roof lining to shine a torch in and the whole roof is wet or covered in condensation....

I guess I need to check the obvious things like the sunroof drains/handle and aerial but if needs be I'll need to get the lining off to have a look, and would like to do it without damaging!

Thanks

Neil

chipstick

Remove the courtesy light housing and jesus handles (grab handles). I forget if you need to remove the plastic strip at the top of the boot seal. From memory you need to remove the plastic trim above the rear quarter windows. Will all be very obvious when you have the grab handles out and see where it's still supported.

ScoobyJawa

Thanks Dan, sounds like its pretty straightforward then!! :)

chipstick

You'll find the sunroof sliding cover will be in a frame which is attached to the roof skin, so don't go pulling down on that or the plastic rails will snap. I forget what fixings exactly are there so can't go in to much detail.

Shine a light in and go steady and it will all become apparent.

ScoobyJawa

Got the headlining down on one side , soaking wet all around the sunroof rails. So now its been dried up, need some daylight and a hosepipe to find the offending source of the leak!