• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

[Misc_Work] My New Ride - Goodwood With Lots Of Cylinders!

welshpug

intriguing, the engine doesn't look that tall, however I know in a 205 that the bonnet does just about touch the belt cover at the front IIRC!

engine mounting bracket looks the same :D

allye

Nope, no that much taller at all. I have a strut brace over the current v6 so have room to play with. I reckon it should go!

welshpug

I'm not so sure, George has a strut brace as well and that sits pretty much right over the D8 inlet plenum, right at the back of the bay pretty much., though the 309 bay doesn't slope down as sharply I think, so might be ok.

when will you be making a start on it?

allye

I'm not back to good old Blighty until end of March, I have a month of before starting work again so will get it done then ^_^ Just a case of chucking it in surely!? haha.

The bottom end is exactly the same as the later D9's so all the mounting of the engine and gearbox are already sorted. I'm sticking with the ML5T as DP engineering use it with their turbo kits no problem at over 300bhp, and interestingly the Clio gearbox is a bit s*ite! Struggling to cope with even standard power. A replacement OE clutch will be used, lighter car after all. I'll stick with my welded drive shafts until they fail then get some custom unbreakable ones made!

rallyeash

Would like a spin in this at some point.

Also a drag race between mine and yours would be interesting!

allye

No worries Ash! I'll drop in at some point on my way down to Weymouth.

rallyeash

I'm back living in Devizes now.

MiniGibbo

Cars looking fantastic..!

Shame about the hick ups you've had :/

allye

Good to here Ash, Slagsbury didn't work out then!

Cheers MiniGibbo! Yer it was annoying but it was a case of the car having only covered 2000miles since it was built so basically still being broken in and sorting out the teething problems. I will be rebuilding it this time round to will be spot on...... :lol: (read: Sandy is making the loom and mapping)

I haven't put the photo up from Pugfest, love this picture!

pugfest_zps5979228c.jpg

Edited by allye
  • Like 1

allye

Back home a little earlier than planned!

Made a start in it, changed the spark plugs, took about 1hr30mins.... Silly V6. I decided to leave the d8 in for the summer and enjoy it so with the cambelt being 7 years old it's due. Started that, all came apart nicely with decent room amazingly, 3 cylinders wide and all that.

Firstly, doing a cam belt on one of these engines is bit of a bitch, secondly the kit retails at 300! Luckily I don't pay that. Thirdly one of my cam pulleys is cracked. Lots of swear works happened, so progress stopped till I find another.

jackherer

Thirdly one of my cam pulleys is cracked. Lots of swear works happened, so progress stopped till I find another.

Let me know if you get stuck, I think I can spare one probably.

allye

I've sourced one, in true old peugeot owner spirit and community I sorted one in a matter of hours. Thanks for the offer though.

Only annoying thing is I will be in France for a week now so can't get it back together.

The front end is also stripped to get rid of the useless single, cowling-less, on there, in favour of a couple 12' slim lines, I have also replaced both radiator hoses. They both had about 3 completely unneeded twist and turns in them, I replaced them with some flexible coolant hose which is much more direct and free flowing, along with a coolant refresh, my over heating problems should be a thing of the past.

allye

Got a chap making me some rose jointed wishbones, getting them in Sunday! No more dead ball joints at last.

EdCherry

Local Ali?

allye

Yer not far, on the south coast.

EdCherry

Make sure you get some details up once they are done, I spend a lot of time around Miles' area and Bomo so the trip won't be to far if they are good!

allye

Where are you actually based? I'm Bournemouth for April then back to Weymouth for the summer. Although currently working on the car in Devizes!

EdCherry

In the week I live in Birmingham as I work in Lichfield. If I'm bored I come home to a village between Salisbury and Andover. I have friends scattered from Chippenham all the way down to Bournemouth so travel between those destinations regularly!!

Can see why I get some many miles under my belt and find it hard to get motivation to build any of my cars now? Haha

allye

Christ! That's a crap boring drive too. Now I know why that red gti is never going to be finished!

• Like 1

allye

Been so busy! Will do it after he weakened when I have a working clutch.

stef205

Been so busy! Will do it after he weakened when I have a working clutch.

have you been talking to dan? thats his line!

Excuses excuses ;)

youve got no leg to stand on either mr! :P