• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

[Misc_Work] My New Ride - Goodwood With Lots Of Cylinders!

kyepan

v6 itbs..... wub. :wub:

welshpug

heh, quite funny that hardly sounds any different to any VR motor on a stock inlet :D

rallyeash

4 pot multi throttled engines sound better than that VR6!...

• Like 2

Gman

Off topic, but what the are you doing in Crowdy Head?? There's nothing there isn't there.

I stayed at the campsite at Diamond head in the Crowdy Bay national park a few years back - awesome place waking up next to kangaroos and Goannas!

rallyeash

TB's...th_VID_20110409_093549.jpg

welshpug

Sods law btw, it appears nobody makes a diff any more so an used quaife unicorn poo type unit is required, or roughly £1200 for grippper to make a one off.

Unless there is a non uk factory lsd used, which appears to be the case for the be boxes, not shown for us lot as it seems the country chosen does more than alter currency shown.

allye

Off topic, but what the are you doing in Crowdy Head?? There's nothing there isn't there.

I stayed at the campsite at Diamond head in the Crowdy Bay national park a few years back - awesome place waking up next to kangaroos and Goannas!

A guy got a attacked by a shark at Diamond head a few weeks ago! I'm lifeguarding Crowdy Head Beach, actually gets quite busy, last day on Tuesday though :(

That is a sod WP, was looking to do this long term. The chassis is already fairly well sorted to be honest, as are the brakes!

allye

Have been to doing some digging today as the wheels where a bit unknown, all i knew was they looked cool and I wanted them!

Turns out they are OZ Rally Race - that's their actual name! Only in motorsport application where they made in Magnesium - and generally only to order too :o The new cost of these was £600 a wheel. Will have the man refurbing them to go over them to be certain they are healthy.

Baz

If they're magnesium be very careful and have them checked out properly as they have a 5yr recommended use, but there is companies out there that can check them out & refurb them properly.

& If they're ford fit they'll be the wrong centre bore unfortunately!

Wes

what offset are those wheels? i have got a set of 20mm ford to pug spacers with long bolts if you need them.

kyepan

i had mags on the pulsar, they were fking light.

allye

Yer I am aware about treating them really carefully. I have a chap local to me, recommended by Edd Cherry actually, he refurbs magnesium wheels - he's done some F1 stuff! So he will give them a good check over.

The brake clearance on them is epic as well so that won't be a problem. Offset if still unknown, it is not stamped on the wheel, however he has measure it and said

'its about 15cm from hub face to outside of rim' struggling to work what the offset would be from that?

Edited by allye

cybernck

If you get the measurement of the wheel width, it will be easy to work out the offset.

allye

what offset are those wheels? i have got a set of 20mm ford to pug spacers with long bolts if you need them.

Thanks wes, I may well pop down when I'm back. I think they are roughly ET35 so using 20mm spacers will mean I loose 9mm on the inside, so the wheel is 9mm closer to the strut, hopefully this won't be a problem on the back either.

allye

This turned up in the post a few days ago, brother got a picture for me

image_1362824534423731_zpse042f7f4.jpg

^_^ very good nic too, got the missing door badges too.

• Like 1

Wes

et 35 with 20mm spacer will take it to et15 which is what both sets of my 15x7's have been so should fit with no problems.

allye

Just got an email through with this photo, I have a rod on.

DSCF9293_zpsae6850d7.jpg

Also just arrived in the UK, so fitting them tomorrow.

• Like 3

allye

Been driving it around today, TORQUE, I only need 5th really :lol:

allye

Got the wheels on, also gave it a wash and wax today and its looking bloody lovely.

So if you want to fit group A wheels you'll need this little lot.

DSCF0391_zpsf202279a.jpg

DSCF0392_zpse45b72be.jpg

It is a little low for my liking and will raise it, down pipe clearance is minimal

DSCF0395_zpsd10008f4.jpg

DSCF0396_zpsb463ac18.jpg

DSCF0401_zpscc192ecc.jpg

DSCF0402_zpse2c09e31.jpg

Having a new back box made for on Tuesday to get shot of the twin pipe canon!

• Like 2

EdCherry

Epic road that Ali! Looks like you got a very similar colour done as a set Steve did me last month :)

allye

He said you need to stop whoring all the 13inch wheels and send some his way!

Edited by allye

EdCherry

Im looking out for some for him but I still need another set haha!

Tesstuff

I am on my second downpipe Al, not bad for three years of use :)

Love the wheels. Glad you love the torque :D

Edited by Tesstuff

Nath88n

Salisbury plain?

Looks epic. A friend has a 406 V6 coupe that goes very nicely, with 400kg less I'm sure yours is very swift :-)

• Like 1