• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

[Misc_Work] My New Ride - Goodwood With Lots Of Cylinders!

welshpug

I doubt they will be too far off, I'd imagine they are comparing them to the Clio engine which had different cams and manifolds, the later VVT engine does seem very different in character, immensely quiet!

Kev-G

Get the underside of it cleaned up and waxed up, they suffer badly from rust and being up North I doubt has helped but you of course do get the odd exception to the rule

When the car was originally put on the road it was undersealed and all the insides (doors/quarters/insides of the sills etc.) Waxoiled (heated to make it sprayable).

Only thing not removed was the tank, although the underseal was sprayed up around it.

Car was bought stolen recovered + have been stored for something like 5 or 6 years from memory.

My Dad ran it for a while and we (JERAM and myself) did a Mi16/GTi-6 'box conversion on it.

Didn't really get used too much as my Dad was working for himself + did some crazy hours.

JERAM bought it and did the V6 conversion, but I think if you look at the pictures which were on the earlier posted link it's only done something like 2K miles since converted.

I think that since my Dad got it it has done something like 30K in 12/13 years.

CosKev

I want my old white 309 back. :(

Huw updated his thread on 309 forum other day,going full on track car with it.

rallyeash

Bit of both mate.

Sounds like a deal.. Drag race too?? :-)

cybernck

Has it ever had a respray? As the paintwork looks lovely :).

Baz

Huw updated his thread on 309 forum other day,going full on track car with it.

Yeah I did spy that, tbh think that's a bit of a shame! Such a good shell after what you did with it!

Batfink

Cat do some cam's, mind I'd sit down when you see the price, Just look at V6 Clio as you will find more, ECU wise thou you won't see much difference at all for the cost, only reason I went this route is the supplied engine never had a loom or ECU and it looks a hell of a lot neater

Only £1200 retail!

Miles

Get some bodies on there, Mind a bonnet bulge is needed, would sound great thou.

The 250 with a remap and CAT's gone is rubbish on the Pug version at least, as WP's said the Clio's use a very different inlet

allye

Get some bodies on there, Mind a bonnet bulge is needed, would sound great thou.

The 250 with a remap and CAT's gone is rubbish on the Pug version at least, as WP's said the Clio's use a very different inlet

I had no idea you get bodies under there :o who makes the manifold for that?

Miles

You cannot really, in a Clio it's Ok as the engine's in the wrong place, Well unless you want to look like a American Drag car

allye

Got me excited there Miles <_< I had assumed you couldn't fit them due to the position of the inlet.

Man from cat cams says they also offer a set of cams just for the inlet side for half the price, they also require springs and retainers though due the standards being weak, apparently? He said he would get back to me with power figures when pug1off have finished fitting/testing a set.

allye

Just managed to secure me a set of wheels for this I never thought I would come across!

null-11.png

A refurb in Anthracite for sure :D

• Like 1

Tesstuff

One man's idea of a 406 v6 with ITB, it has the sound benefits but some minus points.

0bbcbb2f.jpg

allye

Is that actually 6 individual throttle bodies on what looks like a horrible manifold!

• Like 1

welshpug

Fantastic idea and something i and a few friends have discussed but never measured up, kudos for giving it a go, maybe the mk2 manifold will have properly bent tube rather than angles :D

Tesstuff

Allye, save up and go supercharged if you want a worthwhile power gain.

The engine is good for 330bhp(the original water pump the limiting factor), the pistons and rods will see 350-360bhp but that is it.

Fit a Quaife LSD and that will be a pretty rapid complete car.

allye

Stefen with the SC'd black 205 GTI6 is trying to convince to supercharge it! However is a clio v6 engine will fit that would be good, although the throttle bodies on those might be a problem.

Tesstuff

Clio v6 Mk1 engine @230bhp is a lot of money for small gains. Mk2 @255bhp is better but very expensive.

Supercharging is guaranteed 330bhp-360bhp on standard engine. 540bhp on E85.

Edited by Tesstuff

allye

Thats the problem, MK2 is the only worth while one, but very hard to find. There is a MK1 engine on ebay at the min for £750, looks dodgy though. Would also need some management and mapped, so £2k min. I don't think a home brew SC set would be that much, hmmmmmmmm :wub:

Tesstuff

Take the lead from people like AllanAllen, who have supercharged on a budget and have the results to show it is worthwhile.

If you think you need more from the v6 then that would seem to be an avenue worth following.

The fact that Peugeot detuned the engine for tax purposes always gives the chance of seeing more power with the right changes.

I know my 205 v6 is plenty, and a supercharged version would be nuts.

But in my view using the Clio Mk2 engine would be pretty idyllic.

Anthony

Probably easier in a 309 engine bay than a 205 one given the extra length, but is there actually space for the supercharger, intercooler and pipework?

I still think that you're getting a bit ahead of yourself considering that you've not even driven it yet AFAIK

allye

indeed Anthony! I will see after I've had a good drive, I'm sure it will be more than enough...... for the first few months :ph34r:

And yes, looking at build pictures and diagrams of the engine it may not even be possible.

Tom Fenton

I agree with Anthony.

If I were you I'd concentrate more on getting the rest of the car to cope properly with the power and torque the V6 already has, good dampers, geometry changes and an LSD are the key here I would suggest.

welshpug

Due to how fantastically linear they are they can be used to good effect certainly on the road without an lsd :)

This one already has increased castor possibly wider track too, so some work is already done chassis wise.

Edited by welshpug
  • Like 1

Tesstuff

Obviously I agree Tom/Anthony. Allye has no idea what he has yet, but he soon will :D

Improving what he has will make it quite a machine.

Here is how the supercharged v6 was done.

8411369648_7d0a9239ae_c.jpg

8410273617_6ddb81d4ff_c.jpg

Edited by Tesstuff