• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

[Misc_Work] My New Ride - Goodwood With Lots Of Cylinders!

Miles

Not much you can do there, No allot of room

allye

I might believe you if you tell us what you are doing?

Yeah, you should tells us before we start speculating :P

Catching chicken on a farm with 50,000 birds,, then injecting them......... to get your 2nd years visa in Australia you have to do 3months rural/farm work. $21 an hour too! :lol:

welshpug
:lol: know a lad in the forest of dean that does that, nickname of chicken nik !

rallyeash

Make sure you take me for a spin when you get it! Never been in a v6 pug before...

Tesstuff

Make sure you take me for a spin when you get it! Never been in a v6 pug before...

You've never asked before ;)

rallyeash

Maybe I'm scared I'll be jealous...

• Like 1

Miles

They are great, you need to make the 309 more stealthy thou, the one I did looks boggo std

Wes

the wheels would look better in graphite and take the yellow off the lights. how much was it? i really want a white 309 to match my 205.

Baz

I want my old white 309 back. :(

Silky

Looks fantastic, great purchase. I want my old 309 Mi16 back

24seven

I'd love another 309 some day. My stomach still drops a little thinking about my last one. :(

allye

I'd love it to look standard but I'm not inclined to fit standard wheels which would require spacers the fit over the brakes. Standard looking tail pipe, normal lights and some compomotive TH's in grey and it will look amazing! I really want to keep this one for a good while, I'm away every winter so will be purely a summer car.

Ash, I'll take you out no problem when I'm back, you still in Devizes Area or down in Slagsbury now? (i'll take you out if you take me out!)

Miles

Get the underside of it cleaned up and waxed up, they suffer badly from rust and being up North I doubt has helped but you of course do get the odd exception to the rule

allye

between the fuel tank and sill! Its on the list sore sure, a good wire wheel and stone chip/heavy wax/underseal type thing. What your thought on using the spacers with the standard wheels Miles?

Aslo what is the tuning options for these? Some aftermarket management, 4 cams! and some head work? Or a great big turbo...

Edited by allye

welshpug

What brakes does it run, 406 brembo's?

Would think it'd be fine on good pads and gti6 brakes, near identical to what the 406 ran other than the coupe.

allye

Yer its got the brembo's on there. Might change to 6' calipers, much weight difference?

welshpug

None at all!

The calipers weigh less but the discs a lot more, all in they weigh nigh on the same.

cybernck

Perhaps, but it looks to be using 283/288 mm discs, not 305 mm.

Though they will be 26/28 mm thick, compared to 22 mm for the GTI-6 setup, so still a little bit heavier.

That's if OP doesn't go for 206/307 brake setup which uses the same 283x26 mm discs anyway.

Personally, I'd stick with Brembo's, as TH's should be able to clear them without spacers, that's if you're definitely going for those wheels.

allye

At the moment I really want a set of TH's in darkish grey, would look simply amazing!

Does any one have any info on tuning one of these? I would assume its been done in 406's etc?

allye

I've read they respond very well to some stand alone management/remap and getting rid of the cat's (already done obviously) Been having a look a round but can't seem to find a set of cams for it?

Miles

Cat do some cam's, mind I'd sit down when you see the price, Just look at V6 Clio as you will find more, ECU wise thou you won't see much difference at all for the cost, only reason I went this route is the supplied engine never had a loom or ECU and it looks a hell of a lot neater

Tesstuff

I think you should wait until you realise what you have.

Tuning isn't readily available and it will cost a lot for small returns.

But I don't think you will want or need it once you drive it.

The level of cars you are equal or better than will shock you.

After three years driving mine it still surprises me.

welshpug

not looked hard enough then :P

http://www.catcams.co.uk/acatalog/V6_24v.html

you can always get regrinds, though you'd need to look into how much can be removed from the base circle an how much clearances are to pistons and the valves, spring heights fully compressed etc.

tuning is readily avalable, just not off the shelf, as with anything decent.

Edited by welshpug

allye

I think you should wait until you realise what you have.

Tuning isn't readily available and it will cost a lot for small returns.

But I don't think you will want or need it once you drive it.

The level of cars you are equal or better than will shock you.

After three years driving mine it still surprises me.

I think you will be right Tesstuff, like anything though power corrupts! I got used to the Rallye/XS by the end, although I understand this will be another league :D

Cheers WP, assume I have to contact direct for prices. Being 4 the price will be high I guess!

So the keyboard warriors online saying a remap and getting rid of the cats will see 250hp are jokers! :lol: (or it could be the VVT engine)