• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Wilky

What Skirts And Spoiler Are These?

Wilky

Hi, could someone identify the side skirts and spoiler on this GTI. I believe the car came from the dealer brand new with them on - I know the owner and he's the only owner. The car has 'sport' on the N/S rear quarter GTI decal. The wheels also came in white....were they dealer options??

0921.jpg

Edited by Wilky

welshpug

They don't look like the dealer fit SP kits, the tailgate spoiler on those was much more prominent and mounted higher up, never heard of white wheels from new either.

as for the "sport" badge... :lol:

Wilky

They don't look like the dealer fit SP kits, the tailgate spoiler on those was much more prominent and mounted higher up, never heard of white wheels from new either.

as for the "sport" badge... :lol:

I know it's a rubbish badge :D I will be removing it for sure!!

AlexRS2782

The skirts look like they're the Zender versions. Not sure on the spoiler though, although it could also be a Zender, or possibly Vestatec, item.

I quite like that spoiler as it's not as over the top as the one from the Peugeot kit, which essentially resembled a shopping trolley handle :wacko:

These are the skirts from the Peugeot fit kit which i have, bar the spoiler, on my GTI.

Pug205Gti103.jpg

Regarding the wheels - i'd imagine they've just been painted that colour at some time in the history of the car, as even all the books on the 205 make no mention to limited edition models issued with white alloys from new.

Although there was somone on eBay the other week claiming to be selling a set of "Limited Edition" 205 GTI alloy wheels which had basically been painted white :rolleyes:

Edited by AlexRS2782

omri617

Nice skirts :)

harryskid

Nice skirts :)

You should see the knickers! :lol:

• Like 2

Miles

As said, the dealer option was the SP kit but only later models, Early one's I would expect the owner wanted the kit fitted at the dealers so they could buy them in, Some dealers where quite good at this along with the Sport dealer's or Charters and Hartwells

Henry Yorke

Is it a Sheffield car originally with a Sheff reg plate? We were quite spoilt back in the day as the Peugeot Gregory and Dench garage used to be where West One / Vodka revolution is now, just off Devonshire Green. I used to live nearby and go there for my Peugeot parts! That dealers did special editions and even offered Gutmann and Skip Brown parts

Have a look at this brochure:

$(KGrHqV,!pEE8Wf8rDbiBPVKZ0GFY!~~60_12.J

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370703716091&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

The kit is one of the ones that Skip Brown used to offer either on their GTI-S or Supercharged conversions - part number RS 2014. It was on the cover of Torque magazine back in June 86 where that specific car belonged to famous snooker player Dennis Taylor (him of the upside down glasses!)!

post-3457-0-20059900-1354835015.jpg

However your side skirts are not part of this kit and look very much like Zender ones

post-3457-0-97346400-1354835123_thumb.jpg

So it is a bit of a mix and match dealer special and I guess the wheels were painted at the dealership too.

(and if you want to know loads more useless sh!t like the above, get yourself along to the monthly Peugeot Sport Club Yorkshire group meets as we are full of it!!)

• Like 1

calvinhorse

Ffs Henry dont encourage people too be like you!

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

Terrible ones...

Wilky

Cheers Henry, your information is gratefully received. So the car was probably spec'd like it is at the dealers?? The bloke who owns it said he had although I had my doubts! The car came from Imperial Garages in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire (West Wales) which closed a year or two ago.

Alex - your car is mint mate, I Google'd 205 sideskirts and your car comes up!!

MiniGibbo - keep your opinions to yourself, if you can't contribute properly then don't comment. I asked what they are not whether you like them or not.

• Like 2

vtifan

i think the zender skirts look better than the sp skirts,at least the zenders kind of blend in to the shape of the car,the sp skirts just look like they have been stuck on as an afterthought,strange as the bumpers are spot on and far nicer than the zender ones.
not dissin your car mate as i guess i am spoiled and have both kits,leaning towards the sp but with aftermarket skirts,maybe esquiss if i can find some as dont fancy giving ecosse 200 quid for 2 bits of fibreglass
and seein as its you henry you can use my photos :D

Edited by vtifan

Wilky

i think the zender skirts look better than the sp skirts,at least the zenders kind of blend in to the shape of the car,the sp skirts just look like they have been stuck on as an afterthought,strange as the bumpers are spot on and far nicer than the zender ones.

not dissin your car mate as i guess i am spoiled and have both kits,leaning towards the sp but with aftermarket skirts,maybe esquiss if i can find some as dont fancy giving ecosse 200 quid for 2 bits of fibreglass

and seein as its you henry you can use my photos :D

It's my car although it sort isn't (it's a long story)!! I currently 'own' it and may be selling it back to the original owner when I've restored it. I'm very undecided on whether to refit the skirts once they're painted and I'm not really a fan of the white wheels although if that's how the car was supplied I'll put it back that way.

In some angles the skirts look very much like they're meant to be there and then sometimes they look a bit too '80s

If I was definitely keeping the car (I've some Capri's to sort as well!) I'd leave the rear spoiler on and sell the sideskirts plus put silver wheels on it.......decisions decisions

Henry Yorke

To be honest it will be more desirable/valuable with silver wheels and no kit. The problem with those skirts is they can often hide a multitude of sins underneath as this is often a rusty area on a 205. You should be able to swap the tailgate for a white one too as they are readily available

Wilky

To be honest it will be more desirable/valuable with silver wheels and no kit. The problem with those skirts is they can often hide a multitude of sins underneath as this is often a rusty area on a 205. You should be able to swap the tailgate for a white one too as they are readily available

Yes I agree it'd be more desirable although if the original owner gets it back, they'd want it as supplied. The car is extremely solid and there isn't any corossion at all under the skirts :D

I like the rear spoiler though, I'd keep that for definite!

Karl

is thereany chance of finding out if hed like it like tht or standard im currently looking for the 'factory fitted kit' or the zender i will px for my standard bumpers if needed tho they ar red