• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

Ostrich Emulator

[L'e$kro]

I haven't, but it should work, as it can emulate PLCC32 eproms with an adapter..

Nico

hcmini1989

A freind of mine has one of these fitted to an evo ,He said something about cracking a code before they can be fitted any ideas what hes talking about?.I thought all the data would be on the chip that u de solder and fit with a socket ?.

[L'e$kro]

Perhaps by cracking code he meant find the offset of the interesting maps?

hcmini1989

? unsure what you mean there buddy do you mean just finding or making a good map?.

So am i right in thinking all the data is kept on the chip wich you remove and fit a zif socket?

Vili

Before you can modify the maps you have to find them from the memory. It's bit hard to describe but you can think of the memory as huge spreadsheet filled with hex-code. Before you can modify for example the ignition map you have to know which rows and columns it is located. And to make things bit more difficult there is also checksum function in the ecu which calculates all the data in the chip and compares it to 'normal' to check data is not corrupted. You need to know how check sum is calculated and calculate and modify new 'normal' every time change is made on the chip.

This can be difficult if you have find it all out by yourself.

The map locations vary between different ecus so you have to find the correct 'coordinates' for the ecu you're using.

By the way I'm total noob at these things but very much interested as using stock ecu would save lot of money compared to aftermarket standalones.

hcmini1989

Ok i think i understand it now ,Im waiting to here back from a chap local to me about these emulators he fits them to evos for a living so i will find out what i can from him i know hes got a chip reader so ill see if i can drop a pug ecu with him and let him have a play

• Like 1