• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anton green

Dastek Unichip. Ever Used One? Any Comments To Offer On Them Or Their

Anton green

Dastek unichip. Have you ever used one? Do you have any comments to offer about them, their use, or Dastek?

Cheers, Anton

♥Mods.. Please move to engine management section. :)

Edited by Anton green

stef205

Had one on my saxo vts, as far as I can remember it aloud you to map the engine with the standard ecu. A piggy back ecu

(null)

hcmini1989

Sounds good ,Whats involved with fitting these?.Is it a 16 pin socket in place of the normal Chip wich the piggy back then plugs into?.

Anton green

I'm not certain what is involved in fitting them and the dastek site was only half working when I recently took a look at it. As said above it is a piggyback ECU.. but so far I don't have a mass of knowledge on them, I know they used to be reasonably popular but then they either disappeared out of the limelight or I became out of touch with them...

Anton green

Had one on my saxo vts, as far as I can remember it aloud you to map the engine with the standard ecu. A piggy back ecu

(null)

Stef, did you have any mapping done -was it any more involved and did you have to see a 'designated' tuner only? Good results with it, or was it simply installed when you bought it?

stef205

It was on the car when I bought it but had it mapped. My tuner said there wasn't a lot of movement. Was a good 5-6 years ago mind. But since buying a omex for the 205 it well worth the money.

(null)

Miles

How much are they these days? But your limited by people that can map them, Installation is normally splicing into the ECU loom from the few I have seen installed,

I think now the time you factor in these reasons a complete aftermarket ECU works out cheaper

Keljon

bit old skool now, there are better solutions even if you just want to still go piggy back

Anton green

The price seems to vary wildly on the second hand market. I believe the product has its uses and I have heard no bad reports so far apart from a lack of flexibility, regarding installers and the alterations achievable. I'm going to keep my ear to the ground and see what I can learn about the different products Dastek do. I'm in no rush.