• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Namder

More Tacho Problems

Namder

I'm in need of help thanks in adavanced. can't get my tacho to work at all. bought a tacho drive module to run my rev counter off the 12v signal from the ecu but can't get it to work. i'm 100% sure i've wired it up right, i have also try another set of clocks and this is the second module i have tried myself as the car came with one never fitted by a previeous owner which i assumed must be faulty.

mi16 engine

Emerald ecu m3dk

tacho drive module (emerald)

Group a Coil pack (only Three wires to the plug?)

god knows what loom cut a spliced all over)

the 12v live wire to tacho was dead so ran a feed up to that got i little ficker out of it when i wiggled the connection but nothing else.

the tacho drive signal is trun on within the ecu but i'm not sure if a can test it?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Miles

No need for a driver, just mod the Rev counter as listed on her a few time, Cut and solder wire onto the IC directly, Works a treat.

But no idea on the Driver as I've never used one for that reason, But if your loom is that bad, Pin check the ECU plug to the rev counter to make sure it's OK, No such thing as a Group a coil pack, It's either a Ford or Valeo one

Simes

AS above, same set up - mine is without driver.

One thing I do notice though - when I start the car and use no throttle whatsoever letting it warm up on its own the tacho will stay stuck on 2k and doesn't move! I think I drove for about 30 miles like that wondering what was going on. However when you switch off and back on again it's fine.

If you rev it over 1k within about 30 seconds of switching it on the tacho is fine.

Edited by Simes