• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
petert

Replacement Motronic 60-2 Sensor

petert

I had few problems with a Motronic sensor on the dyno recently. Rather than replace with OEM, it was suggested to use a hall effect trigger as the output is less suspectible to noise. I drew and machined up an adapter to go in the standard hole. So now I have a 60-2 hall effect trigger.

post-2864-0-73671600-1350210030_thumb.jpg

post-2864-0-40577100-1350210043_thumb.jpg

Edited by petert

[L'e$kro]

Neat solution Peter!

I'm using the standard sensor on my xu10j4rs/megasquirt, and have no particular noise? I'm revving up to 7800rpm.

Nico

petert

An even better solution is to mill all but four teeth off.........

wicked

Did you check Motronic VR sensor with a scoop? The amplitude of the signal is correlated with frequency (=rpm), so there should be something wrong with sensor. (Iirc, the later sensors have a different design and could work beter)

Milling off all teeth is not better; proper ECU software predicts the gap with 60 teeth in front of it and can measure the rpm more accurately with more teeth. So your current setup is probably the best...

Nice job btw!!

Edited by wicked

petert

The cam sensor also turned out to be faulty. It had a "flutter" at 7100-7200. Sometimes it would rev through it, other times it became the rev limiter. It would only happen at 100% load, not even at 90%. Thus very difficult to diagnose without a dyno. Swapped it for a spare I had and now it's perfect, revving cleanly to 8000.

Edited by petert

petert

Sorry, at this stage, only this one before I fixed the problem. I had the closed back on the camera, so sound isn't the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiYHjrDvlME

Edited by petert
  • Like 1

petert

Here's is a lap with my son later in the day. Again, sorry about the sound.

petert

me with 1:11.37, son was 1:13.1