• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Kezzer30

[Body_Work] Project Eclipse 1.9 1990 205 Gti

Leet205

Its coming together well mate. Keep up the good work!

Kezzer30

So update firstly the boot needs replacing due to containing too much filler as well as I've noticed and actual crack down the inside of the lid so wasted no time in getting a replacement thanks to Graham.

20150730_155549_zps4a7iquyp.jpg

It in great condition just needs a tiny dint sorting but a he'll of alot better than the current etc .

The front bumper and front arches have been painted gloss black.

20150731_135958_zpscm5ut0tv.jpg

20150731_140040_zpshh8bwe79.jpg

Also got round to flatting the passenger wing and refitting the side repeaters

20150731_181253_zpso4utayxe.jpg

20150731_181724_zpsimsm3u5u.jpg

And put the indicators and headlights back in also

IMG_20150801_002901_zpsfiepzfjz.jpg

GLPoomobile

I think you've been sanding and buffing too much. It's made your hands shakey ;):P

j_turnell

Just need some pts wheels and a zender kit and it'll look like Shinys 205 ????

Kezzer30

So a few bits done firstly got the arches and bumper on for a brief test fit

2015-08-02%2021.35.13_zpsbqcrezz2.jpg

Gave the bumper a flat

20150802_205150_zpslsshadl2.jpg

Got the front verlance on the table and in primer

20150807_134613_zpskzonfugf.jpg

And then painted

20150813_201026_zpshe4xkewz.jpg

Returned the front insert to red

20150807_134608_zpswz68imzi.jpg

And then test fitted the insert to see how it looked against the gloss black

20150814_000226_zpswerjqqif.jpg

20150814_000248_zps5mq559hw.jpg

Pugleyrich

I think the red looks good against the black. The car is a vast improvement already.

credowan

Hi cars really starting to come together the inserts look good against the bumper I might have mist it but did you de texture them or high build the primer etc to smooth the surface

Keep up the great work and the updates

Gary

Kezzer30

So just a quick fire update on the old girl basically life kicked in and the project stopped pretty much after the last update sat in the garage for 2 years but due to an unfortunate change in my personal circumstances I decided I need to finally finish what I started a few years ago , she has progressed a lot over the last few months i will get some picture of her and post them up over the next few weeks 

Kezzer30

Quick snap for a last week will update more soon

IMG_1051.JPG

MattCPR

Just read this from start to finish. Think you’ve done a belting job with the car. I’ve been painting cars for 16 years and now have my own company and think for an amateur you’ve done a cracking job on it, especially as I thought chefs work at least 23 hours a day:D. Keep up the good work. 

Kezzer30
14 minutes ago, MattCPR said:

Just read this from start to finish. Think you’ve done a belting job with the car. I’ve been painting cars for 16 years and now have my own company and think for an amateur you’ve done a cracking job on it, especially as I thought chefs work at least 23 hours a day:D. Keep up the good work. 

Thanks buddy , unfortunately I don't have my workshop anymore so I have a friend painting the last  bits for me , it's not perfect by any means but it's good enough. 

Just battling with a few issues with her atm but nothing that cannot be fixed . Hopefully have her out for summer 

Kezzer30

So currently car is awaiting an auto electrician to come and sort out the lighting wiring as it's all abit messed up not earthing correctly and I assume I've put some wires wrong somewhere , brakes have had all new pipes put on but did have an issue with the pedal going spongy once started but I think I've solved that today . 

Collecting up some small parts I seem to have lost upon moving the car out of one place to another a few times washer jet , number plate lights etc all on the way . 

Power steering also leaking due to the pressure pipes pump end bolt being threaded and not sealing so hopefully have one made up or a replacement sorted soon . 

Got a headlight to replace due to the rear pins falling out . 

Engine seems to be running sweet and I've had her up the road all be it with dodgy brakes but new fast road clutch and engine in general seemed to be working nicely . Did have a cooling fan issue as it didn't come on when temp got high but I think I've sorted that as I found a plug out of the shunt box but I've also got the fan wired to a switch so I'm in control . 

On the bodywork side of things I've had to get a few bits repainted as the white my mate was given was totally the wrong shade but I've helped prep these bits today and are currently drying in the correct white . 

Rear bumper and rear arches to be painted gloss black tomorrow so hopefully have her back in full kit by end of the week . 

Few pics of her as she is atm and the bonnet and rear valance in paint from today . 

Will try to keep this updated 

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

Kezzer30

Ok so more done today , flatted and buffed the bonnet , white is perfect now so happy days , washer jets now in Aswel . Still awaiting auto electrican he's proving hard to get hold of due to him being in high demand but hopefully will be with her in the next few days .

also the rear bumper and strut brace painted gloss black . Hopefully be able to put rest of kit and rear bumper and verlance on tomorrow night . 

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

calvinhorse

Looks fantastic mate

• Like 1

Kezzer30

So fitted rear bumper and Verlance and halilua the electrician turned up and has decided that due to the fact ever man and his dog and Mickey Mouse has fondled with the rear lighting loom that it would highly benefit from being pulled out and rewired . I agreed so he hopes to have that all done by end of next week so happy days . 

IMG_1080.JPG

Kezzer30

Small update , still awaiting electrician to actually come and re wire the back lights , had a set back Aswel , the bonnet has decided to react wierdly , did this before when I painted it red , was absolutely mint for about 5 months and then ended up covered in tiny bubbles , I though that would be well and truly sealed in with the fact it's been technically painted twice over the old red but it's worked it's way through in a matter of days , so bonnet is getting taken back to metal then bar coated etc annoying but these things happen , hopefully have it all back on by end of next week . 

Anthony

That's a bit of a pisser - looked lovely in the pictures too :(

Kezzer30

So had a think and spoke to someone who does shotblasting decided to send the bonnet to be blasted as after over 2 hours with a da sander I'd only managed about 20% of the bonnet . I thought while I'm at it may Aswel whip the wheels off and send them off too . Still no sign of the auto electrician have replaced the broken headlight and currently have a power steering pipe in the post to try and fix this leak . Hoping to have most of these bits sorted by the end of next week . Will keep you all updated 

IMG_1090.JPG

Kezzer30

Small update , went down today hoping the bonnet and wheels would be back but unfortunately not yet , replacement power steering pipe turned up so decided I'd replace that Aswel as the water pipe that needed doing and all I can say it was a pain in the f******* arse , after much swearing managed to somehow get it sorted not fully tested to make sure no leaks but I'd be very surprised if there is any etc . Still awaiting the auto electrician not too far away for hopefully sending her for an MOT . Will keep the updates coming . 

Kezzer30

So more progress , had a bloke who knows a bit about mots look at her and give me a few bits to sort mainly the brake lines , few issues but I've sorted most of them just need a few new clips as the old ones have mostly snapped and not fully securing the lines but this has now being sorted .Auto electrician finally came and did a very good job , a lot of the issues are down to previous bodges and all the old plugs been oxidised and unusable . All lights now working and I even fixed my washer pump today due to a faulty earth .  

Painted the speedlins today made the colour myself wanted something a tad different 

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

IMG_1109.JPG