• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Kezzer30

[Body_Work] Project Eclipse 1.9 1990 205 Gti

BlueBolt

Just out of interest, how much did you pay for budget tires fitted??

Kezzer30

Just out of interest, how much did you pay for budget tires fitted??

220 and he came to my house and did it . Should hopefully have these carbs fitted today so may have a big update later on this evening :)

BlueBolt

You do know how cheap you can get how of Toyo's for from Camskill.co.uk don't you?? Not a budget rubber and even after paying someone to fit them would have been cheaper than that...??

Good that you've got a mobile fitter though, they're handy to find!!

Kezzer30

No i didnt tbh bit late now but il keep it in mind cheers .

Ok so got an update carbs not on yet but will be on soon i assure u all haha but i have been working hard on something , no as most o u know the smooth rear panels are not cheap so a if you have read im a keep sprayer but am still in early stages so i decided to have ago at making my own , so here is how i got on,

3D041D30-CA99-4F12-A1EA-641858DC6A1F-216

My spare rear panel sanded down

B211CD5D-46BF-4515-9F9E-3B1376C444CB-216

Fibre glass paste

16D98B20-132A-4261-9A59-618DF01C1F46-216

Sanded

B6E76154-C880-4EA2-9C64-65145217FEAC-216

Skim of filler

2BC354F2-0106-4AD2-99E7-AC42BCA7F9CC-216

Did a few skims and this is it ready to primer after been panel wiped

0366D201-CD87-474B-9DB8-016393786780-216

Primered and then i flatted it

34ACC863-5FC3-4F8B-8232-9D6343AAD199-216

In colour

D07C958E-E6A9-4C9D-8A29-7D65FFECB750-216

Laquer

C487F408-9BB3-4ECE-89F6-187C2AE93001-216

Flatted and buffed

96D636FA-A530-453A-A14E-55C551C51ABF-216

On car

50D24F81-2DC4-44AB-A710-A1FAA9B33BA7-216

The finish

F9D2CD61-A5B9-48E7-84C3-5E2FF32B2E00-216

Genral pic

Now its not split mint and it doesnt sit perfectly flush but im happy with the effort gone in hope u all like it ( impossible ) but haha

Kezzer30

Ok so here goes wasnt happy with the white so i decided to change it and this is how i got on , took 3 days off work

8010EC17-5B38-4B4B-A165-73887AD66364-208

Pulled her in garage

8F4E3A19-4FE2-4AE1-9BBE-3C0A96E9A1BD-208

Masked her up which was a complete ballache haha

1DDA60D3-ABC6-406E-A6FE-547B7CAB0332-208

In primer (il spare u all the pics of it sanded down)

ADD2207C-05B4-4E7C-865A-6A59AD7FD614-208

Primer pic 2

286B8DF5-EFB6-426A-A860-81A1AF503CD8-208

97C523E5-94A3-4BF5-A8FC-D55BBAF163D0-208

775651A9-65EF-4395-84BD-799F828F3833-208

Splash of colour

729DE112-E919-43C3-B0D5-A2923265E469-208

1D8DF5BB-3839-4ECE-A69B-6A4E5FF48848-208

Laquered

5A8E10FB-91C5-4F60-A234-D78999B3D970-208

Just after i pulled her out of garage

B311F02A-4F75-4F0D-9FF2-7541AFA1CCC4-208

9B5AD076-854D-4DDB-A40B-B071B5896B97-208

Quick wash and front back on

BCC14211-E6A4-46C0-A798-C3139DD46256-208

Buffed up the arches

82197908-DB4A-4710-8EAE-2754423D02D9-208

E2AB6A05-4326-4E7B-A17A-D4EDBF49C77A-208

Can only get the front trim on atm will get rest on and update in next few days

All comment are welcome thanks for looking :)

johniban

the looks much better, are you keeping the trim white

Kezzer30

the looks much better, are you keeping the trim white

Yes the little white strips to just give her a small bit of detail but not too much i still need to get them all back on but will post an updated pic soon

Kezzer30

9FAB593D-352C-46BB-B1C9-DC2C1ABABDB5-167

0A7145AC-ABA1-4CDE-9FA9-A0ADFB32C30E-167

As promised white strip , need to do rear but u get it now :)

dcc

doesnt do it for me tbh. Looks like a metro. If the trim was a dark brown/black then it would look better. Has it cracked along the arches too?

Kezzer30

doesnt do it for me tbh. Looks like a metro. If the trim was a dark brown/black then it would look better. Has it cracked along the arches too?

Cracked? The paint ? The trim ? No to both , fair enough pal cannot please everyone so no worries . But just my 2 cents worth I don't think it looks anything like a metro lmao but like I said your entitled to an opinion and I respect that.

BlueBolt

To be fair, from the last two pictures I can see where Dan is getting the Metro look from...

None the less, I still applaud your commitment and progress!! You seem to be very handy with paint and finish, and clearly not afraid to give something a try!!

Got to say I'm glad you got rid of the white main trim!! That was too much for my liking... What you've done now looks more like it, even if not to my or others personal liking... Fare play to you!!

kyepan

Brilliant, less is more! so much hard work and effort!

I applaud your skills and patience, especially with this bunch of die hard normalists!!!

Kezzer30

To be fair, from the last two pictures I can see where Dan is getting the Metro look from...

None the less, I still applaud your commitment and progress!! You seem to be very handy with paint and finish, and clearly not afraid to give something a try!!

Got to say I'm glad you got rid of the white main trim!! That was too much for my liking... What you've done now looks more like it, even if not to my or others personal liking... Fare play to you!!

Well i have to be different that my motto , anyone can get there hands on a standard 205 and dont get me wrong i like them standard aswel , but i feel alot of members on this forum may just prefer the brand new original look ( that may be unfair) but from scanning round thats what ive noticed , nothing wrong with that of course but think im gunna have my work cut out to impress here haha , id like to thank you for your kind words and indeed u have me sussed :) and like i always will say i respect your opinion and anyone elses

Kezzer30

Brilliant, less is more! so much hard work and effort!

I applaud your skills and patience, especially with this bunch of die hard normalists!!!

Thanks buddy

GLPoomobile

I've always been a fan of smoothed and painted trims on the 205. Colour coding them has definitely been an improvement here, and I think it really needs a bit of lowered stance to finish off the look. Personally I'm not a fan of the white, and if it were mine I'd possibly go for chrome inserts and a different wheel colour.

Only thing I really can't understand for the life of me is why you painted everything still attached to the car. Or rather, I can see the justification in that it's added work and some of the clips etc can break and are difficult to replace, but it just seems a shame as the finish will always be compromised (can see bits of white in some of the gaps on some photos).

• Like 1

Weser

I've always been a fan of smoothed and painted trims on the 205. Colour coding them has definitely been an improvement here, and I think it really needs a bit of lowered stance to finish off the look. Personally I'm not a fan of the white, and if it were mine I'd possibly go for chrome inserts and a different wheel colour.

Only thing I really can't understand for the life of me is why you painted everything still attached to the car. Or rather, I can see the justification in that it's added work and some of the clips etc can break and are difficult to replace, but it just seems a shame as the finish will always be compromised (can see bits of white in some of the gaps on some photos).

I have to agree. I like the colour and colour and the colour coded trims - really nice. I can see how chrome inserts would work too. However as said I know its a nightmare to take the trims off I would of done it to make a neater job. Especially when you see the effort gone into your smooth boot pannel and how well that came out!

Alan77

I think anthracite coloured wheels could go well with that red...

• Like 3

Kezzer30

All trims are sealed on and would have been a ballache the white u can see is sealant but i will touch up a few small areas the car hasnt been fully sanded down and all shuts painted , its never going to be a show car , also yes agree with the lowering a thats the next job , totally disagree with the chrome and i love white wheels but its you opinion and your entitled to it so i respect that

Weser

Ha ha thats fair enough it would have be a ballache it they are sealed on!

Kezzer30

All trims are sealed on and would have been a ballache the white u can see is sealant but i will touch up a few small areas the car hasnt been fully sanded down and all shuts painted , its never going to be a show car , also yes agree with the lowering a thats the next job , totally disagree with the chrome and i love white wheels but its you opinion and your entitled to it so i respect that

Anthony

I'm not a huge fan of colour coded trim for the most part, but it looks pretty good on yours and - in my eyes at least - much better than the previous white trim.

As it stands now looks like a more modern take on a 205, but without losing the purity of the original styling as most bodykits etc do :)

Kezzer30

As it stands now looks like a more modern take on a 205, but without losing the purity of the original styling as most bodykits etc do :)

Very happy with this as its exactly what I'm trying to do :)

Just to further add , i am 23 and ive only had a 205 since october 2012 im a chef by trade and my mechanic skills are very low , also i have not taken any course on spraying of any kind and have only really been learning for about 8 months ive had a poor compressor for the most part and the back panel and trims are the only things other

) than the body ( which i didnt spray but isnt perfect) is the only thing ive done with my new decent one , so a few people are maybe thinking i can strip the whole thing down at will and make it look split mint im afraid i cannot , im very keen and will improve the car as i improve

Edited by Kezzer30

johniban

I personally think your spraying skills are excelent, ive only recently started getting into spraying, have done my gfs 206 gti wheels didnt come out too bad, i just find it hard to get good heat in the workspace i use, and from someone that is like me, using a tiny garage, it looks bludy awesome! you should be proud, at the end of the day its all about experimenting, why should you have to follow what everyone is is doing, be diffrent :)

I think the colour scheme is great, not so much the white trims, but the car colour is really nice, same as my 106 gti :)

It makes the 205 look a bit more up to date

BlueBolt

alot of members on this forum may just prefer the brand new original look

Yup!! That's me!! Original all the way ;)

E6B05E50-4DDF-45C7-B0E5-46393D4B7397-597

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm liking the white over a chrome alternative too tho mate!! I'm also liking how many people are liking the work!! Some of the people I thought may have been anti have been praisful which is good!! :)

Kezzer30

I personally think your spraying skills are excelent, ive only recently started getting into spraying, have done my gfs 206 gti wheels didnt come out too bad, i just find it hard to get good heat in the workspace i use, and from someone that is like me, using a tiny garage, it looks bludy awesome! you should be proud, at the end of the day its all about experimenting, why should you have to follow what everyone is is doing, be diffrent :)

I think the colour scheme is great, not so much the white trims, but the car colour is really nice, same as my 106 gti :)

It makes the 205 look a bit more up to date

Well its nice to hear someone who has had some similar experience i am happy with my progress atm , still need to learn more but il get it in time , nothing ive done is split mint by any means but the last 2 have been decent and other than a few runs on the front and rear bumper the trims came out very well still need to buff the sides to hopefully they will come out ok ,

Sometimes you get setback with things that aint your fault , example being bits falling onto your panel this happens a lot to me but thats the way it goes sometimes , thank you for your kind words very much appreciated :)