• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

kyepan

I posted this in the other video's thread but think it's worth it's own topic, purely because the amount of ground it covers. Some of you may have read vizards book, whilst this concerns the A series engine, it references topics we regularly discuss in the modified engine section up to and including. He generally explains things pretty simply, and if you want to understand a bit more about a number of topics including those below, watch it.

Filtration

Fuel atomisation

Compression ratios

Dynamic compression ratios

Brake Specific fuel consumption

Porting

Valve design

Valve seat design including 3 angle

valve modification

Lifter / bucket diameter

Roller rocker design and limitations

Ramp angles on camshafts

Cam shaft timing

Carbs vs injection (lucas mechanical)

Valve shrouding

Bigger vs more valves

Decking blocks

Squish height

Burn time

Rod lengh / ratio

Octane ratings

Water injection

and some more that i can't remember

Cheers

J

Edited by kyepan

Simes

I rmember the Vizard books back in the late eighties - always meant to buy them.

He did a seminar at Swansea Uni where Dave Walker was also invited to talk about mapping.

kyepan

yer dad had how to tune your a series book, i did leaf through it a few years back.

brumster

I had the big yellow bible. I read it cover to cover.... twice. Gawd I was keen those days. I couldn't strip an engine but I quite happily took my SU apart, knife-edged the butterfly, piston and cut down the grub screws in some thinly-veiled belief the improved flow would make one iota of difference :)

Well, it probably did, but I'll be buggered if i could feel 0.005% additional bhp in a 73bhp MG Metro :D

A great book, though.

• Like 2

harryskid

I believe he use to write articals fo a mag called cars and car conversions back in the 70s and 80s!