• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Turbo7379

Peugeot Exchange Clutches

Turbo7379

In anticipation of maybe having to replace my clutch I have been doing some pricing. Best price I had got was £95 +vat from a local motor factors for a LUK clutch kit.

Decided to try my local stealers & got a nice surprise. The wrong clutch kit had been ordered for a vehicle & the parts guy had kept it sooner than send it back. Turns out it was the correct one for my car (2051W2). Retail price was £128 +vat but to clear it out he will sell it for £95 all in!

The only concern was that it is an exchange clutch ie I have to bring back my old clutch when I fit the new one. The guy said that it was a genuine valeo clutch but couldn't say whether it was re-manufactured or not. Do valeo sell recon clutches? Should I go for the LUK kit that I know is brand new?

Daviewonder

Valeo don't do recon clutches. I would imagine your dealer is just doing what my workplace does, tell customers that we need the old units, then my boss just sells them to the scrap man for a bit of extra bunce.

welshpug

No, its something all pug dealers do, its only a £15 or so surcharge, the clutch i fitted was a brand new unit.

S@m

Yeah, dealers get surcharged £10 per clutch if they don't return it. That part no. should be £92 if he gives you trade discount! But even then he's still making 15% on cost - bastard! ;)

Anyway, the exchange units are fine, i sell quite a few - they carry the same warranty as the new ones - Just be sure to get the parts guy to confirm the warranty. Think its 2 years.

Sam

Edited by Sam306

Turbo7379

Thanks for the advice guys. If I need a clutch I'll go for the pug one, it's a 20% saving over the LUK one!

Sign in to follow this