• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yippeekayay

Omex 600 Start Up Problem

yippeekayay

I mothballed my 1.9 8v 1990 205 turbo project whilst away for 3 months and parked her up in my sisters garage unplugged the battery wrapped in its soft cover and said good bye.

On my return I charged the battery on trickle charge and now the car will not start

Symptons:

When cranking the omex 4 pin relay clicks constantly but engine will not fire. there appears to be no spark at the plug ends and as I didn't have my pc interface lead to hand ( car is in north wales And I live in the midlands for now) I cant do an ecu check of the all parts to find the problem. I did find that there is no spark to the plugs from the wasted spark coil pack so obviously there's a problem there. The brand new 4 pin 30 amp relay (omex one) clicks constantly when cranking.

I didnt have a spare relay but suspect this.

I have replaced the crank sensor and coil as I had new spares but to no avail.

Seems to have coincided with the brown plug on the standard 205 starting loom developing the dreaded semi breakage in the connection stopping the starter from cranking. I have fixed that so starter is cranking and turning engine over at a normal rate so don't think anything has happened internally to the engine but car still refuses to start.

Any ideas or anyone got an omex to pc usb lead??

stef205

Sounds like its not wired up correctly, I had this problem doing mine. There should be a diagram on omex website

Miles

Clicking relays are normally signs of a low battery, But is there 12v's at the coil and injectors with the ignition on?

Thats the first port of call really

yippeekayay

Miles, I thought the same but battery is a full 12.6 volts will get a tester to the coil........to see if its getting a feed. Its a new battery less than 6 months ago....getting a usb lead off omex by the weekend and will go armed with tester....

Richie-Van-GTi

I just had exectly the same problem with an omex 500 after it was parked a few days. Turned out to be a corroding connector in the main loom plug. A quick clean and it fired into life.

yippeekayay

on a pin form the ecu??? my looms brand new??

stef205

Have you used the 2 brown plugs as used with the standard loom?

(null)

yippeekayay

Miles got a recovery firm to get my Turbo to you??????...it's got a supply to the 3pin ford wasted spark coil...butno spark to the spark plugs.... Pulling hair out...

Miles

Ford coil, Tut tut, I have a man by me but the national ones work out allot cheaper

yippeekayay

Whats wrong with the ford coil pack...??

Paul_13

They fail pretty quick. Renowned for going on fiestas etc

Miles

You can use the std Valeo one which bolts onto where the old Dizzy would normally go, use std fixing points and std leads too which makes things dead simple

yippeekayay

Dont you need a dizzy blanking plate which I havent been able to find for that miles...??

dcc

you can use the thermostat housing from an XU10 8v. (which is what I have done on my build)

Miles

Nope, I use a Renault seal on the Dizzy housing's, works a treat

yippeekayay

Could you let me know the secret renault seal please miles..