• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
luke1987

Dta S40 Injector Problems

luke1987

Finally got round to finishing installing my DTA S40 tonight on the 2.0 turbo turned the key and it started with a lot of throttle and a nice misfire and a huge smell of unburnt fuel, So checked and rechecked the map and used the DTA swin built in diagnostics to check spark which was fine and injectors. Looking under the bonnet i found only 2 injectors were pulsing cyl 2+3, Checking cyl 1+4 i found that the injectors were coming live as soon as the ignition was switched on and staying open that would explain the massive over fuel. Checked the wiring at the ECU plug with a multimeter and it seems the ecu is not firing 1+4 just keeping them live i swapped the pins on the ecu plug and the problem switched to cyl 2+3 so i know the wiring is ok. So now im thinking that the injector driver in the ECU is dead or am i missing something really simple here that needs changing in the software.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sandy

What map are you using?

Vili

So you are not using an idle valve because you are running your injectors semi sequential?

Check you idle settings: Other map settings -> Idle functions -> Idle speed parameters -> Idle control off

luke1987

Thanks for the replies, yes vili i am running it semi sequential and have unticked the idle control function. And the map im using at the moment Sandy is just the dta zetec with map correction as a base with the crank set to 60-2 and the timing at 115° btdc, although i have a map which came on the ecu which is from a 106 rallye turbo but it does the same with that map also.

Sandy

It could well be how far off the map is, depending on what checks you've made. Go through the wiring again and if you're sure it's right, send the box to DTA to be tested. I've set up hundreds of these and only known one injector driver fault and that was caused by an alternator problem; so I'd be very surprised if it is a hardware failure.

luke1987

Thanks for the replies Sandy i ended up taking it to dta and the injector driver had failed, which he was quite shocked at but i did get a new one put in and the firmware updated and a tour round dta while i waited so wasnt all that bad. Reinstalled it back home and she started and is running quite smooth but a little rich just need it mspped now.

Sandy

Ok, glad to hear it's sorted :)

daza4

Out of interest did you ever try jump starting it with jump leads at all?

Sounds strange but i want to clear something up.

Sandy knows where im going with this as i also know about the one with failed inj drives ;)

luke1987

Hi erm never jump started it with the failed injector driver, but has been jumpstarted since it was repaired a few times and all has been well and still going strong.

daza4

Great thats what i wanted to know.

I have a feeling the jump starting causes a spike & blows the injector driver on the DTA. So i wouldnt jump start it again.