• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bazil_205gti

309 Cv Gaiter Replacement

bazil_205gti

Hi there never done this befor is it complicated? and does anyone know where i can get step by step guide? its the gaiter on the passenger side closest to the wheel.

any help would be great

Matt

welshpug

Not seen one on here, but its very easy, and can be VERY messy.

Undo hub nut, remove lower balljoint pinch bolt, drop down wishbone from hub, pull hub off driveshaft making sure it stays in the box, good idea to have a recepticle under the gearbox just in case!

Remove old cv boot, cutters or a knife carefully.

Using a soft faced hammer (copper or hide normally) knock the cv off the shaft, youll need to hold the bar shaft firmly, but a few whavks and the cv should pop off over the clip.

Clean up mess!

Wash out cv if neccesary, pack with grease, fit new boot down bar shaft, make sure clip is goof (can get them from pug, they often come in decent kits like gkn). Pop cv back on, may need gentle persuasion, take care of the threads.

Pop any leftover grease into cv, slide boot down, making sure you dont trap too much air, fit clips.

Re-assemble :D

bazil_205gti

A massive help Pal thanks will give it a go when i get home from work cheers :)

matt

Miles

That is of course if you have that type, some of the replacement ones are like the 1.6, Which cannot be taken apart

welshpug

indeed, good point miles, sods law my 1.9 has that type as well as its not an original or remanufactured shaft.

Sign in to follow this