• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kee

1993 Rallye - Next Years Sprint/climb Car

kee

Been looking at 205's for a while now, started out on Ford Fiesta mk1's and finally moved on. Fed up of the rust and stupid prices of things I decided to sell all the stuff i had (and I had some very good bits) and invest in a 205.

picked this up off ebay, bit of a daft blind bid followed by some midweek travel to collect it. Covering less than 100 miles in the 3 years before i owned it, came with 10 months MOT and had to buy tax, got a smidge under 90k on the clock and looks very solid. Inner wings are a tad soft at the very front but compared to mk1 fiestas that's sod all.

so went to collect it, drove it 140 miles home then a few days later drove down to the retro rides gathering at Prescott hill, a 300mile round journey. Drove faultlessly apart from spongy brakes.

Then started taking it apart.

koni shocks/springs on the front, rears to be fitted when I get a few more spanners - daft size bolts on these things.

1.6gti calipers fitted with 1.9gti pagid discs.

Still got to collect an XS engine from George XS on here, will rebuild that and tune a wee bit then fit next winter I reckon.

I will be racing this next year in as many hillclimb/sprint events as I can afford, in the roadgoing class for the time being. i have bought some control tyres and today picked up a bucket seat.

anyway, piccies.

DSC_0238.jpg

Journeyhome1583.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

Lowercase

a good base mate, rare little motor you got there :) i have some bike carbs for sale for the rally if it interests you too

kee

thanks but i'll be getting some 40's when I do get new carbs :D

speaking of which, where do I go to get an inlet for some 40's?

Lowercase

bog brothers or something like that make them.

mate at work made mine.

kee

nobody ever cast the inlets?