• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omri617

Front Right Wheel Looks A Bit To The Back Compared To Left

omri617

Hi

When i look at the front wheels from the side - i notice that the left front wheel is slightly to the back

compared to the other wheel.

I mean , it seems like the space on its front with the whole wheel area plastics , is bigger than the other one.

Could it be ? How can it be checked properly?

welshpug

bent wishbone or subframe, get the tape measure out, or get a 4 wheel alignment check carried out.

matt.f

What Mei says ^^^,can only really be both or one of the two

omri617

tape measure out and measure what?

distance from back of front wheels to the front of back wheels?

matt.f

Go from centre of hub to centre of hub.Then try another measurement incase the rear wheels are different,maybe back of sill etc.

Or if you can get underneath cross check from a rear suspension point(maybe rear beam mount bolt)

omri617

did the measure from hub to hub , and i realized that there is 0,5 centimeters difference.

the right side is 247,5 c"m , and the left side is 247. must admit that in the past i had a small accident in the side which is shorter (LEFT) and had taken the car for fixing to a friend who i don't know what and how he fixed the front subframe.

now , how much can this 0,5 c"m affect the driving and the handling of the car?

eLi_205

As long at the wheels are aligned and everything is intact, not more than your weight affects the handling.

omri617

blbltni :)

the wheels are not so aligned as i mentioned , there is a slight difference between the 2

eLi_205

What I meant by "aligned" is by Camber and Toe.. I believe the Castor is different because of the slight deformation (as you say), and maybe it can be fixed by doing some modification to the subframe (Beacasue as I know it will be impossible to source a new one).

omri617

A bent subframe , can it be fixed?

j_turnell

Depends how bad it is I guess, but it maybe easier just to swap it over for a known straight one to eliminate it. I've got a spare if you need one.

Personally I would get it on a 4 wheel alignment and see what's going on, be useful to compare camber and castor from side to side and also to look at SAI to see if there's any obvious descrepancies.

omri617

Left side of the car is 1 c"m less than the right side . measured wheel center to wheel center.

Wish i can get it from you , Im from Israel and postage must be very high.

What is SAI >?

c_robinson

it's possible the subframe mounting points on the shell are bent too so if you can get fully under the car i'd measure that too. I managed to push my front subframe mounting point 19mm roughly towards the opposite side rear wheel. the joys of bloody stong bottom arms and a streghtened subframe

• Like 1